Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,480   Posts: 1,542,693   Online: 823

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Analog to digital and back again.

Several years ago I owned an Olympus OM1, OM 10, Lubitel 66 and a Yashica MAT 24G. Then came the digital revolution and I sold everything and never shot a picture for many years. Then last year I moved to the north of Norway and was struck breathless by the beautiful scenery so I purchased a second hand DSLR, and then another DSLR and took up shooting pics again. It took me about five minutes in front of my laptop to regret selling the Lubitel and the Yashica. I was quite convinced that analog medium format used to be of a very different and better quality than what my DSLR's are able to come up with.
    So, I went "back in time" and purchased a Rolleicord III, Rolleicord V and a Bronica ETRSi. Since the summer holidays I've been shooting six rolls of Velvia 50, and today I developed the first one shot with the Rolleicord V, and WOW, even before the film has dried I can tell that I was right about regretting letting the Lubitel and the Yashica go back then. Even without insepecting the frames closely I can already see that the pics are dead sharp with loads of detail and great contrast.
    When shooting digital I was playing around with HDR as a means to reproduce what I actually saw when shooting landscapes. The images shot with my DSLR's looked dull and lifeless otherwise, but looking at the frames of Velvia hanging to dry at this very moment tells me I'll probably never have to fiddle with HDR again.
    . . . Analog to digital and back again . . .

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome home!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome home.
    Kill the fat lamb ! Put him the ring in his finger......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Emtor,

Temporary Insanity, That's The Digital Revolution ...

Analog Is The New Digital !
    Remember to spread the word, and share your enthusiasm !

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks all of you.
    The old Rolleicord is truly an amazing camera. It was made in 1953, and it still manages to make my jaw drop when I'm looking at the images it is able to produce.
    I also purchased an old exposure meter,-a Gossen digisix 2, and I compared it with the meter on my DSLR using a greycard, and the old selenium meter is spot on.
    Digital revolution? -NOT!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have wondered from the paths of righteousness. Now that you have repented and returned, you shall find forgiveness. Welcome back to the dark side.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am truly repenting, and to make amends I'm bringing the roll of film, laptop and my Epson v750 scanner with me to work. Working nightshift at the hospital, and since there's only one sleepy patient to look after I'll try out the Epson during the long night.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only Digital Revolution that had any impact
    on me, was my first visit to the Urologist in 2006 !!!

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Emtor and welcome to APUG and back to the beginning.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome back and welcome to APUG! Great move! You have some great gear on your hands. Have fun!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin