Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,257   Online: 752

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

What the truth re: Voigtlander WL finder(s) for Hasselblad SWC?

Most people interested in the SWC know about the Voigtlander waist level finder that was produced several years ago and quickly sold out. Voigtlander also made a similar -- or the same? -- WL finder for 35mm cameras. BOTH of these types of finders apparently used the same-thread interchangeable front elements that permitted viewing of different angles of view. According to Cameraquest, "The SWC Low angle finder differs from the 35mm format low angle finder with a Square format eyepiece for 2 1/4." So apparently the 35mm and 6X6 finders are the same structure, but with different perceived shapes through the viewfinder -- one rectangular, the other square.

Has anyone actually seen and viewed through both models? If so, does it seem possible to use the 35mm version (much easier to obtain) with the appropriate front element that corresponds to the angle of view of the SWC, and simply ignore the areas to the left and right of an imaginary square in the middle of the viewed image? Who has tried this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If Stephen says that´s the only difference, then I´d be inclined to believe its true. If there´s a Cosina Voigtländer expert in the western hemisphere, he´s it.

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin