Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,251   Online: 819

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Medium format at Photokina 2010

just go back from Photokina and wanted to share some of my findings. Neither Nikon or Canon had any film cameras on display. Fuji showed the GF 670 80mm and GF 670W 50 mm rangefinder cameras in a locked display box, with some enlargements nearby which were poor quality (even admitted by the Fuji rep). The 80mm version is being sold by Voigtlander in Germany for 1999. euros (about $2600. at todays currency rates); both will be available in the U.S. before the end of the year. The 80mm with the lens retracted is more compact than the Mamiya 711 with its lens attached hardly advantageous otherwise. Rollie medium format is still being manufactured by Franke & Heidecke Gmbh and distributed by dhw Fototechnik in Braunschweig. On offer is the new Rolleiflex Hy6 which is a great improvement over the 6008. Both are autofocus but the system is greatly improved on the Hy6 with many other functions. Prices are not for the faint hearted: 8300 euros for the latter camera with the 80mm AF lens. All medium format lenses from 1988 work on both cameras, not necessarily in AF. Also available are 3 TLR cameras in 50/80/135mm form priced from 4200 to 4800 euros. Also available: fancy versions of the 35S The 6008 AF body is 1200 euros

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm surprised, and pleased, to hear the Rollei is still producing medium-format cameras. Wonder if they're being imported to the U.S.

Jim B.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    I'm surprised, and pleased, to hear the Rollei is still producing medium-format cameras. Wonder if they're being imported to the U.S.

Jim B.
    B&H still sells the versions with the 80mm f2.8 Planar and with a 50mm wide angle. They are VERY expensive but still classics, I guess. I have a Yashica 124G imitation of a Rollei, and it is quiet and good for stealthy street photography, or as stealthy as one can get with medium format ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I too am very pleased to see Rollei is still part of the Photography scene. I have a Rolleiflex 2.8F and a Rolleiflex 6008i which I am very please with. I wonder if there have been improvements to the Hy6 since it was first released?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If only I have 8300 euros.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    I'm surprised, and pleased, to hear the Rollei is still producing medium-format cameras.
    The director of the successor of the late and Franke & Heidecke manufacturing company is reported by a german photo magazine of the new company (DHW Fototechnik) to meanwhile manufacture:

-) Custom versions of
    Rollei 35
    Rolleiflex

-) electronic shutters

-) 35mm and MF projectors of the Rolleivision range (maybe old stocks)

-) the Rolleiflex Hy6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does this means that Rolleiflex cameras are BACK in production - any more details? Sounds interesting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brilliant bit of news, especially on the Rollei. Wish I can afford the Rollei wide

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by slnce-z-gsi View Post
    Does this means that Rolleiflex cameras are BACK in production - any more details? Sounds interesting.
    new website (not yet much to see...)

http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/html/i..._uber_uns.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin