Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,924   Posts: 1,522,105   Online: 778

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

60mm for hasselblad

I'm in the market soon for a 60mm for my 500 c/m and am interested in the differences of the earlier "C" f/5.6 version versus the "C" f/3.5

Am I correct in assuming the later CF is the same optically as the C f/3.5 version but with the Prontor shutter and "updated" build quality?

Anyone have the old 5.6
    I'll more than likely hold out for the 3.5 version but was curious about the 5.6 version nonetheless.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have both.
    Get the f/3.5 version. It's not just the faster lens, but in just about all respects the better lens too.

And yes: the CF version is the same optical design as the C f/3.5.

Having said that the f/5.6 is less good, i'm in still the market for a good f/5.6 60 mm C lens. The one i have is rather tired, and i like to have a prettier (and fully functioning) one for my 1950s HB kit. So if anyone has one that looks good and functions o.k. ...
    (By the way: the less good performance of that tired lens is not due to the condition of the lens. It is on par with that of the 1000-series era f/5.6 60 mm lenses (same optical design) i have too.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have that CF 60mm as my wide angle lens only for Hasselblad 501CM, it is good enough and i wasn't sure if i should get it or C version, but then i decided i should go with CF just in cases the C versions have limitations more than CF/CFE/CFi versions.
    Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't speak for the f/5.6 but I have the 60mm f/3.5 and absolutely love it. Great build quality and an overall superb piece of glass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ended up ordering an older 60mm "C" *T 3.5 from keh
    Only problem is it didn't ship until the "estimated DELIVERY date" so it wont arrive until next tuesday.
    I highly recommend you pay the extra (2 dollars usd in my case) shipping fees to get them to process the order faster. (I actually did select the UPS 2nd day air but a website glitch didn't process it as such)
    My order took just about 4 full working days to ship.

I'll report back once I've tested.
    I have a 50 also but that requires a certain composition due to the good amount of foregrond included with the 50 on a 6x6 frame.
    I'm hoping the 60 will be a bit better for me.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin