Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,948   Online: 779

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ContaxRTSFundus View Post
    ......Adorama is also another good US source. And of course, ebay....
    Thanks for the recommendation - and yes, we do have some in stock!

Shooter
    Multi Format

rb 67 details

Jodys, interesting to read from your guide that KL lenses have plastic barrels - I've only ever come across C and non-C lenses and these are all metal. Just a few quick comments. I believe that the NB versions are extremely scarce - though there is no mention of that on your site. Additionally, the C lenses became lighter over their production run, so that, for example, an early 50 C will weigh rather more than the very last ones. You've accumulated a lot of detail - but the photos could be nicer couldn't they??

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Neil, thanks for the comments. I updated the site with a note on the NB lenses; I only see them rarely, as well. As to the pictures, I'd like to improve them, but I only have a very small selection of RB67 gear, so I can't provide them. Finally, do you have any details on changing weights of the C lenses? Serial numbers or dates?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't have much either but if you need pictures perhaps post a list of things you need and we can provide what we have.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a few photos of my RB gear on my Chemical Cameras site. See my sig for the link.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually I have a bit of gear that I haven't photographed yet, now that I think of it. In addition to what is on the web site, I have the CDS prism finder, the model 2 prism finder and a 6x8 power back.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by revdocjim View Post
    Actually I have a bit of gear that I haven't photographed yet, now that I think of it. In addition to what is on the web site, I have the CDS prism finder, the model 2 prism finder and a 6x8 power back.
    Hey, I'm wondering about the 6x8 power back. Do I need a special rotating back adapter to use it or is the one from the Pro S compatible, do you know?
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't buy used from Adoroma or B&H, they sell mostly garbage finds. I have repaired too many of their crap junkers over the years. KEH is the best way to go and have the best of all return policies.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't have any direct experience, however, I have been able to glean the following details about shooting 6x8 on the RB67. So, yes, you do need a special revolving adapter.

• a 6×8 power back.
    • a 6×8 light baffle–which lies between the revolving adapter and the body. You can tell what sort of baffle you have by taking off the current revolving adapter. There is a flat black baffle held in by four screws, if this says “8″ or “6×8″ you are ready to go.
    • Pro-SD 6×8 revolving adapter

--

With regard to pictures; my goal is to have complete photographic documentation of all the details of all bodies, all lenses and all accessories. I'm hoping to aid myself and others in identifying stuff in auctions, etc. I also find myself having questions (like, do all lenses have the DOF preview lever?) that could easily be answered with detailed pictures.

If anyone is interested in helping, I'd be extremely pleased. The site needs pictures of bodies (Pro, Pro-S), backs, lens, and accessories. I think the important aspect is to have well lit pictures that covers most angles (e.g. for lens; all sides, front, back, oblique).

--

revdocjim, your pictures look great! Would it be possible for me to use them on my site? I'd also be very excited to see pictures of any other accessories, lens, etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    Don't buy used from Adoroma or B&H, they sell mostly garbage finds.....

I'm sorry to read your posting, which sounds as though you've had a bad experience with Adorama in the past.
    While I agree with you that some of the items we list are fit only for spares as per the ratings chart below, with over 25,000 pieces of camera, lighting and video equipment, plus cases accessories etc. in the used warehouse, there should be something for every pocket

We have items from as inexpensive as $1 - right up to $60,000......not so much junk?

NB Just in the last year, we spent over $20,000,000 on purchasing used equipment...........

New (Brand New)
    All original packaging and manuals included.

Demo (Like New)
    98-100% of original condition. Like New with little or no signs of use.

Excellent Plus
    90-95% of original condition. Lens Glass very clean - cosmetically may show slight wear and/or signs of use.

Excellent Minus
    85-89% of original condition. Shows signs of moderate use - Lens Glass is perfect but may have some dust which will not affect picture quality.

Very Good
    75-84% of original condition. Appears well-used and may include dings, brassing, scrapes and bruises but is in fully functional condition. Glass may have marks or haze that should not affect picture quality.

Good
    50-74% of original condition. Appears to have been used very heavily with multiple dings, scrapes, scratches and heavy brassing. Glass may have fungus, excessive dust and/or scratches that can affect picture quality.

Fair
    Item works with certain malfunctions. Read comments for exact malfunction details. For parts only.

Without wanting to sound like an advert, I would like to point out that every used item comes with a 90-day warranty - which includes a 30-day returns period.

Also, we are happy to supply a selection of pictures of any unit plus an actuation count if we have the software.

If you have a problem with Adorama which has gone unresolved in the past, I apologize;please drop me an email and allow me to put it right for you: HelenO@adorama.com

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

♫★Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year ★♫

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin