Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,605   Posts: 1,622,596   Online: 1183

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jodys View Post
    Neil, thanks for the comments. I updated the site with a note on the NB lenses; I only see them rarely, as well. As to the pictures, I'd like to improve them, but I only have a very small selection of RB67 gear, so I can't provide them. Finally, do you have any details on changing weights of the C lenses? Serial numbers or dates?
    Jodys,
    I can't relate weight to serial number. I've had a couple of 50mm C lenses bought about twenty years apart (the early one was swapped for a 65mm C) and the later one was definitely lighter and also lost the rather nice chromed front rim. You'd need to survey some users for weight for various lenses - but I'm fairly sure they all got lighter with later production. I recently got a 37mm which looks barely used. I think its early because the shutter has plain steel blades as opposed to teflon coated ones. I haven't tried weighing it but I can believe that it's at the 'book value' of about 1340g.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Jody

... the K/L lenses have the best coatings (but have heavy duty plastic barrels, rather than metal)...
    Re the K/L lenses: I have the 90 and 180 lenses in K/L versions and they both definitely have metal barrels; the aperture & shutter speed rings may be plastic however.
    I have read claims that parts of the internal shutter mechanism are plastic in the K/Ls as opposed to metal in earlier series - perhaps this is what you were thinking of? I can't comment on this latter claim as I've never seen the innards of an RB shutter of any generation.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOster View Post
    I'm sorry to read your posting, which sounds as though you've had a bad experience with Adorama in the past.
    While I agree with you that some of the items we list are fit only for spares as per the ratings chart below, with over 25,000 pieces of camera, lighting and video equipment, plus cases accessories etc. in the used warehouse, there should be something for every pocket

We have items from as inexpensive as $1 - right up to $60,000......not so much junk?

NB Just in the last year, we spent over $20,000,000 on purchasing used equipment...........

New (Brand New)
    All original packaging and manuals included.

Demo (Like New)
    98-100% of original condition. Like New with little or no signs of use.

Excellent Plus
    90-95% of original condition. Lens Glass very clean - cosmetically may show slight wear and/or signs of use.

Excellent Minus
    85-89% of original condition. Shows signs of moderate use - Lens Glass is perfect but may have some dust which will not affect picture quality.

Very Good
    75-84% of original condition. Appears well-used and may include dings, brassing, scrapes and bruises but is in fully functional condition. Glass may have marks or haze that should not affect picture quality.

Good
    50-74% of original condition. Appears to have been used very heavily with multiple dings, scrapes, scratches and heavy brassing. Glass may have fungus, excessive dust and/or scratches that can affect picture quality.

Fair
    Item works with certain malfunctions. Read comments for exact malfunction details. For parts only.

Without wanting to sound like an advert, I would like to point out that every used item comes with a 90-day warranty - which includes a 30-day returns period.

Also, we are happy to supply a selection of pictures of any unit plus an actuation count if we have the software.

If you have a problem with Adorama which has gone unresolved in the past, I apologize;please drop me an email and allow me to put it right for you: HelenO@adorama.com

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

♫★Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year ★♫

As far as Adoroma's staement....

Me personally, never! I wouldn't buy anything from Adoroma because of what I see come into my repair shop from you, plus the lousey service nightmres my clients keep telling me about over n over. Shame on you!

The last RB67 Pro-S I reapired this week was purchased 2 years ago from Adorama by a client. This camera isn't worth 2 cents and has given my client nothing but heartaches.

It looks like some DIY abortion. Seals made of yarn glued in with construction calking, green rotted bellows, rusted screws, green mold in nooks n crannies, glued on indoor outdoor carpet as a light seals under the mirror, lenses are so fungus riddled they should be served with garlic sauce, not used as a camera. This camera sold for $450, should have been sold as PARTS ONLY for $1. This fellow tried to take it back several times n was jerked around by your service dept so many times n screwed over, he just gave up... exactly what you plan on by doing this.

I hope more of your customers would go public here n chime in so you can get a better idea of how bad your store is.

KEH is the best way to go. Stay away form B&H and Adoroma used equipment
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I call BS on you----I have dealt with both Adorama and B&H, both used departments have good grading systems and have provided excellent customer service. I have had to return items to both Adorama and B&H as well as KEH all three were excellent, no questions ask just send it back, replace of refund at my discretion. While it is true KEH has the most conservative rating system. Adorama and B&H are not inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post

Me personally, never! I wouldn't buy anything from Adoroma because of what I see come into my repair shop from you, plus the lousey service nightmres my clients keep telling me about over n over. Shame on you!

The last RB67 Pro-S I reapired this week was purchased 2 years ago from Adorama by a client. This camera isn't worth 2 cents and has given my client nothing but heartaches.

It looks like some DIY abortion. Seals made of yarn glued in with construction calking, green rotted bellows, rusted screws, green mold in nooks n crannies, glued on indoor outdoor carpet as a light seals under the mirror, lenses are so fungus riddled they should be served with garlic sauce, not used as a camera. This camera sold for $450, should have been sold as PARTS ONLY for $1. This fellow tried to take it back several times n was jerked around by your service dept so many times n screwed over, he just gave up... exactly what you plan on by doing this.

I hope more of your customers would go public here n chime in so you can get a better idea of how bad your store is.

KEH is the best way to go. Stay away form B&H and Adoroma used equipment

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't buy used from Adoroma or B&H, they sell mostly garbage finds. I have repaired too many of their crap junkers over the years. KEH is the best way to go and have the best of all return policies.
    Hear,Hear!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    revdocjim, your pictures look great! Would it be possible for me to use them on my site? I'd also be very excited to see pictures of any other accessories, lens, etc.
    My lens photos are only 1 angle but you are free to use them if they are helpful. I also just added a bunch more photos of the two finders, the 6x8 back and the RB dual cable release.

My site is completely not-for-profit, as I assume yours is. And none of my photos are copyrighted. So you are free to use whatever you like. If you can find a place to mention the source of the photos and maybe a link to my site that would be very cool!
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by revdocjim View Post
    And none of my photos are copyrighted.
    All of your pictures have copyright. They enjoy this protection as soon as they are created. Doesn't mean you can't let someone else use them though - as you did here.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm

I will be delighted to investigate, and in order to do so would be seeking answers to the following questions:

What was the order number?
    Did the customer request pictures of the unit before purchase?
    How was the unit originally graded?
    What response did the customer receive when he asked to return it? (copies of emails would be helpful)
    Whether any of the issues you describe could possibly have arisen during the 2-year period since purchase?
    Whether photographs of the unit in the state you describe could be sent to me for review?

I await your response with interest - if you prefer, you may contact me directly by email: HelenO@adorama.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have no beef with Adorama in particular at all and don't mean to fan any flames, but reading over Helen's grading descriptions I really find it hard to understand why something in this condition:
    Appears to have been used very heavily with multiple dings, scrapes, scratches and heavy brassing. Glass may have fungus, excessive dust and/or scratches that can affect picture quality.
    would be called "Good". I'd have to say that anything looking like that is decidedly "bad", even if it still works. Most significantly, any lens with fungus should not be called "Good" under any circumstance. A proper cleaning job will probably cost as much or more than the lens itself, and in most cases the coating is permanently marred. Essentially, lenses with fungus are nearly worthless. Here in Tokyo at reputable used camera stores all such lenses are thrown in the "Junk" bin and labeled as such.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by revdocjim View Post
    I have no beef with Adorama in particular at all and don't mean to fan any flames, but reading over Helen's grading descriptions I really find it hard to understand why something in this condition:
    Appears to have been used very heavily with multiple dings, scrapes, scratches and heavy brassing. Glass may have fungus, excessive dust and/or scratches that can affect picture quality.
    would be called "Good".....

I rarely disagree with customers - after all, we are here for you! But would it make any difference if we called it 'sausages'?

We are completely open concerning the %age of new, and provide an in-depth description of what this grading means in terms of condition / functionality - and the price reflects that. Selling lower graded units enables customers who want to dispose of such items to do so for some cash back, and if we didn't have buyers who wanted them, we wouldn't be selling any.....

As I stated above, we give a full 90 day warranty, and have a no-questions asked 30-day returns policy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin