Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,555   Online: 1177

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leica MP, Summicron 35 asph, Tri-X and a hydrogen bomb to set it all back to normal

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Desert island camera: I once was stuck on Catalina with a Pentax Spotmatic IIa and there wasn't a 500 battery on the island.

Emergency cache: For a few years, I kept a Contax IIIg with Sonnar 50/1.5 in a stash at my cabin in case I got stuck there without a camera.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Zorki C, Jupiter 8, Tri-X.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For medium format my Yashica D. For 35mm my Exakta VX. Both with Tri-X. Totally manual. No batteries required.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hmmm. Master View and a Cooke triple, TriX320 and PMK, and a schlode of Polywarmtone, and a dime bag of glycin. Oh, and the Masterview 8x10 is medium format. (4x5 is the new 135).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also will go with the RB67 but with a 90mm lens. Maybe some Tmax 400.

Jeff

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd take my trusty Zero Image pinhole, 20 rolls of film, my iPhone (for timing exposures!), Sekonic, airbed, sunnies, suncream, matches, KY lube, crayons, charcoal and canvas... not just cameras. I'd be there for quite a while I imagine, and would like to have variety creating art.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hard choice.

I want to say exactly what Suzanne R. said...

I also want to say a Linhof Super Technika 2x3 with a normal lens, or maybe a Mamiya Press Super 23, with FP4, Plus-X, or T-Max 100...

It would be very hard to leave my beloved Nikon Fs and Canon F-1's and their fast fixed-length lenses and Delta 3200 or Fuji Press 800 behind...

A 6x6 TLR and Tri-X might be perfect...

A 6x6 SLR such as a Hassy or M645 Pro TL with Tri-X would make a lot of sense as well...

I also hate to be without a view camera and film holders loaded with FP4 at my disposal...

In the end, I think I would compromise on a Graflex RB 5x7 with a normal lens, and Tri-X 320.

For film developer, HC-110.

For printing paper, Oriental VCFBII, 11x14.

For paper developer, Ilford PQ.

Enlarger: Durst or DeVere 8x10. (I know I would not have 8x10 film, but I could proof two 5x7's at once this way.)

P.S. The thread that I started was not about choosing one camera to keep, but about how strange it is that our lovely film equipment would be close to worthless if liquidated these days.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 10-01-2010 at 01:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    GF670 and Portra 400. I don't actually own one, so this should be a desert island with a camera shop.
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RB67, 127mm lens, Pan F+ (I assume this is a tropical deserted island, not some temperate rain forest island)
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin