Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,109   Online: 1104

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    I think I'd be worried about food and survival first and taking pictures second. But I know what you mean.
    My usual answer to this question is that I wouldn't have time for photography as I would be looking for a wooden boat which I could smash up to make a raft.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    RB67, 127mm lens, Pan F+ (I assume this is a tropical deserted island, not some temperate rain forest island)

No, no, no! I must have a warm temperate rainforest island. The variety of plant life to explore (and sustain life). The leeches to pick off. The freshwater to collect by distillation... so many ways to live and enjoy it all...

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm with Jason.....Ritter 8x10, Nikon 450M, TMY, Pyrocat HD, Azo/Lodima Amidol......instead of a deserted island, it may as well be heaven :-)
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rolleiflex 3,5F and APX 100. I have big supply of thiis wonderful film, sold at last as Rollei Retro 100.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Deserted island -- no power (no iphone) and no batteries (no light meter) right? That would leave me with my Minolta Autocord TLR (can't afford a Rollei) and as much Fuji Acros as is humanly possible (although I love Tri-X as well).
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would want relatively simple camera, fixed lens, minimally subject to dust and dirt problems, my first choice would be a Rolleiflex TLR. I'd deal with whatever film was available to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For medium format, then it'd be a Rolleiflex and HP5+
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    pick a heavy camera. That way if you run out of film you could kill with it. Bird vs camera.
    Who will win!

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    My choice would be the following, Nikonos V with a 35mm lens and Kodak Gold 400

I am assuming that I will be able to get the film processed some day, if I have to process on the island I want Tmax 400.

Why this camera? the Nikonos V with a 35mm lens is a tank and will be good in and out of deep water for a few years then I will get even more years of on land use out of it in any weather. And when the battery dies this camera can still shoot at 1/90 sec.

Why that lens? I know this is not an ideal lens, but it is the best in and out of water compromise lens for the Nikonos.

Why the film? I assume that I would be more chronicling my days, not producing art, Gold 400 will allow me to do that, while the colors will not be all that great, they will be accurate and as they would be more of a document that is what I would want. The 400 film is also fast enough to allow me to get nice bright photos without flash in deep water, late in the day, and when the battery dies in the camera this film will still be able to deliver.
    Last edited by bblhed; 10-01-2010 at 12:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My beloved Rolleiflex 2.8f and TriX

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin