Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,531   Posts: 1,543,974   Online: 1084

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    depends on if I knew I was going to be stranded or not. I usually carry a pentax k1000 when I'm out and about loaded with FP4+ to be processed as slides. I'd have that if I was suddenly stranded.

If I was going in to exile, I'd probably want to take a 5x7 Shen Hao loaded with FP4+ or HP5+ (again, to be processed as slides and contact printed on to positive paper). I dont have the shen hao yet, but I'm saving up for one, so I'd like a little bit of notice before being shipped off so I can get some money together
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Minolta SRT-202, and 58mm 1.2, and Ektar 100, Sekonic L-398.
    And mailers so that the prints could be returned to my deserted location !!!

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Any folder and a fridgefull of film,Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdjr1991 View Post
    pick a heavy camera. That way if you run out of film you could kill with it. Bird vs camera.
    Who will win!
    This is why I'd want my Pentax 6x7 along. (The Nikon D60 would lose vs. most small game.)

I'm reminded of Tom Tancredo's (former Congressman and Presidential candidate) answer to this during a primary debate:

Q: If you were stuck on an island, what would be the one thing you'd want to have with you?

A: A boat.
    Pentax: 6x7 MLU
    Olympus: OM-1n
    Graflex: Miniature (2x3) Speed Graphic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cfclark View Post
    This is why I'd want my Pentax 6x7 along. (The Nikon D60 would lose vs. most small game.)

I'm reminded of Tom Tancredo's (former Congressman and Presidential candidate) answer to this during a primary debate:

Q: If you were stuck on an island, what would be the one thing you'd want to have with you?

A: A boat.
    nice!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My very recently serviced Mamiya C330F, a western Euro-master because it needs no batteries, and loads of 120. Fuji Reala
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by borisdeswan View Post
    if I were to be exiled to the mythical deserted island....
    You mistake would be that you to a day tour on the "S. S. Minnow"!
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 10-03-2010 at 02:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    It would have to be my M2 and Canon LTM 50mm f/1.4, no batteries required and a lens that is soft and smooth wide open but sharpens up when stopped down a little, lots of 'character' to play with. As for film, that is more difficult I have just about used all of my stash of APX100 and have not yet settled on a new 'standard' film. Perhaps FP4 or Neopan 100, and developer would be Xtol, lots of dilutions, times and speeds / contrasts to play with.
    Regards.

Keith Hudson

My film set on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/zx9/set...7603300220450/

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Canham 8x10, Cooke Triple convertible, HP5+, and my Sekonic L608 light meter.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Haven't used enough MF cameras to make an informed jugement. Out of the ones I've used, RZ67 with the 110 and WLF. I'd love to try a Hassy 203FE with the 110 f/2 to compare though, at probably 10 times the price.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin