Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,692   Online: 967

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "Stopped down metering" is a form of through the lens metering. If you don't have a TTL meter in your camera, you can't do it.

You'll need to meter the light (or flash) level and compute your extension factor manually.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's an older book I have that covers several Medium format camera systems, which has a section on the Pentax 67 camera that I've found to be useful - "How to Select and Use Medium Format Cameras" by Theodore DiSante. I got a copy when I got my Yashicamat 124G years ago, and found it to be helpful.
    It's paperback and the binding broke, so I picked up a used copy off Amazon a couple years ago. It has a table showing the exposure compensation to use with the Pentax 67 and 135mm lens at various magnification ratios that may be of interest to you, and sections on metering and macro photography.
    It's dated, but so are the cameras, and a lot of the material is relevant

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have used the 135 lens with extension tubes. There was a manual avaialbe for the extension tubes available at the Pentax website for download. If you have the metering prism and try to meter a shot with the extension tubes attached to the lesns without setting the lens to stopped down mode, the shot will be underexposed. If you set the lens to stopped down mode and look into a metered prism, you can see the exposure change as you change the apperture setting of the lens. It won't change if you have the shutter speed set way too high or low, so you may have to experiment with the shutter speed dial to see any change. Set the lens to the apperture you want to use for the exposure to get the depth of field you want and then set the shutter speed to the exposure indicated in the metered prism. The metered prism I have is very accurate, but if you are using slide film you may need to bracket a little each way. Good luck,
    Doug Webb

Shooter
    Multi Format
    See my Pentax 67 Lens page for more specs on all of the lenses

Dan
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There is a manual that explains the use of the Pentax 67 extension tubes and how to calculate exposure with them if you don't have a metered prism. It was available as a download on the Pentax website. I have one somewhere if you can't find it.
    Doug Webb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin