Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,738   Online: 852

Shooter
    Medium Format

Four 1.5 V battery in a Pentax 6x7

Did somebody try to use four 1.5v LR44 battery to replace the 6V 4LR44 in a Pentax 6x7.
    I could not find a 4LR44 in Montreal. I know I can order it on the internet, but I'll pick-up a Pentax 6x7 tomorrow and I would like to shot tomorrow :-)

François

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 4LR44 is 13x25.4mm the LR44 is 11.6x5.4mm a little tape will make up the diameter, but the four singles may be a bit short, but the contacts in the battery compartment may handle it. The 4LR44 is made up from LR44 cells.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battery_sizes

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you Bob. I'll try to use a piece of aluminium foil if the set of four cells is to short,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One technique used in the Minox cameras that call for a PX27 battery is to carefully open up the plastic casing (for the px27) and replace the cells inside with new button cells (keeping the positive terminal top for make up the length). I've also reused the positive terminal in the PX27 with 4 button cells using shrink wrap tubing to keep them together.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried it once and it didn't work. Aluminum foil is a good idea- better yet is to order 4LR44's on Ebay where they are dirt cheap. Batteries seem to be a huge markup item for retailiers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank's everybody. I just found a 4LR44 Energizer in a pharmacy. I'll order some more on ebay.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin