Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,685   Online: 1008

Thread: Super Ricohflex

Shooter
    Multi Format

Super Ricohflex

I'm wandering what kind of value a Super Ricohflex with a 120 back and a 35mm back with the lens cap and in the original box might have? This camera is mint like it just came off the shelf. Well looked after for probably 50 years.
    The screen glass is incredibly clear with all the grid lines in it. Its incredible how good it looks.
    I paid the guy 40.00 for it. Maybe thats all its worth. I do realize it only has 1/200 shutter speed. I guess the mint part and the 35mm back are what grabbed my attention the most. And also the box which is in mint condition too. Also came with original instructions for both the camera and the 35mm color back (thats what its called).
    I do have the other one and would be willing to part with this one if I thought I could make a decent dollar on it.
    Thanks for any help.

Mark A. Welsh

Images
    Good Afternoon, Mark,

Assuming that its functioning is as good as its appearance, I don't think you got taken, especially considering that you also got the 35mm adapter. It is possible that you might come across one at a slightly better price, but it sounds like a good deal to me. The Super Ricohflex is what I used in the late '50's when I was shooting for my high school yearbook, and I still have mine (no 35mm adapter though). I really should get it out and use it; I know that it can produce very acceptable results. You just have to get used to the separate film advance/shutter cocking.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ya. I don't think I got hosed. I kind of tripped up myself when I told him I bought another one for 50. So I told him it was a refurbished one and besides a week ago this guy sold me a Canon F1 for 20 dollars. Its also mint. I think I'm doing pretty good. Two for the price of one. I got worried when I couldn't turn the focus ring on the ricoh. I just kept working it and it finally came free. I guess a little stiff after not being used for fifty years. This guy never had kids so everything he has is mint.
    I guess I'll have to test it out this weekend.

Mark

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Mark.
    here on APUG in the galleries, there are several images done with that camera.
    beautiful ones!

I think this camera is a "sleeper" - it is "worth" much more than 40$ if you look at the results.
    However, it seems to sleep in the eyes of photographers, but I have seen a slight increase in prices of this one.

"bay has several - some cheap - some not.
    In a Austrian store there are three - they run from 75 to 99€ (100 - 140$).

I have three now - I purchased my first after looking in awe at some images here on APUG.
    Sharpness is ok, but what really makes this camera special is the smooth rendering of the out of focus areas.
    I have never seen anything like it in MF.

I have a lot of great MF cameras - from Voigtlander with a Heliar to Rolleiflex 2.8F, but no one gives that creamy background as the Ricohflex does.

My students love it too - as it has a price they cn afford.

best
    emil

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    this is the image that convinced me to buy a Super Ricohflex.

Look through his folder - there are many more.

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...mageuser=21432

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin