Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,194   Online: 842

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Need part for Mamiya C330 TLR

I'm trying to find a part from my camera and not having very much luck. I sure hope someone here can help me.

The lower film spool knob is broken off of the camera. So, I guess I'm looking for the part, a parts camera or advice on what to do.

I have included an image of the broken part and where it came off the camera.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

J V McLure
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mamiya.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Stupid question, I know, but: are you sure it has broken? Not just fallen off? The camera looks like one of the newer F models. I have a donor C220 F with a lower knob intact (upper has been taken off for another camera where the knob had fallen off.) If you think you can use that, drop me a line. But if you are living in the US, check www.keh.com first.

My impression is that these plastic knobs are a design failure . they seem to shear off and break quite easily.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Mine is a C330 S - the one that came after the C330 F. Like most things, as the newer models came out, more plastic was used the quality suffered. I may have a lead on a knob off of a C330 donor camera. I'll be in touch if things don't work out.

I have no idea if how one replaces the knob. Is it a simple job?

Thanks for your thoughtful reply!

JV
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    Stupid question, I know, but: are you sure it has broken? Not just fallen off? The camera looks like one of the newer F models. I have a donor C220 F with a lower knob intact (upper has been taken off for another camera where the knob had fallen off.) If you think you can use that, drop me a line. But if you are living in the US, check www.keh.com first.

My impression is that these plastic knobs are a design failure . they seem to shear off and break quite easily.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I don't know if it is a difficult job. I sent the camera off and judging from the marks on the camera (a bit of a heavyhanded repair man) it seems that he removed the side plate. I didn't dare try fixing it myself, having chased down a C220 F in Pakistan of all places. If I had botched that job, I'd gone crazy.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin