Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,448   Online: 709

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Good Hassy deal?

Hi everybody. Some month ago I sold my Hasselblad 500C/M with a 80mm C t* to get some newer gear.

So yesterday night, I was offered a bundle of a 503CW(black) + back + winder, with a 120mm f4 CFI, a 80mm f2.8 CF, and a 50mm f4 C t*.

The thing is, I'm not really into the prices of these new hassys and lenses. I would therefore be grateful if you guys could help me decide wether this is a good deal or not.

He asks $2800 and everything is in B+ quallity.
    Last edited by nkbitsch; 10-07-2010 at 04:44 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: mispelling
    Check out my blog where I'm testing high end photo gear and features a lot of cool artists
    And please also see my latest project

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've bought several bits and pieces off of ebay when I was putting together my 503cx and it took a long time to get everything I wanted in a condition that was acceptable - lots of buying and selling. You might be able to get it all for less if you shopped around for each component for the better part of a year but I'd say that's a very fair price as long as it's in a condition that you find acceptable; the 120 CFI is a pricey lens on its own. Will you be able to properly inspect/test the camera at all before purchasing?

My suggestion is: GO FOR IT!
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi jamesgignac. You are probably right. I have to search a long time to find each individual part cheaper (correct me if i'm wrong). Yes I will be able to inspect it first, which really is a plus.

I would love to have some more input. I have attached the image I received from the seller.

Check out my blog where I'm testing high end photo gear and features a lot of cool artists

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I find this sort of question rather difficult.
    It depends on where you are (seller and buyer), the condition of the equipment, and also on what it is worth to you.

But i'd say it's about $ 800 too expensive.

Is it priced in US $, and if so, are you consider buying it from teh U.S.?
    Then figure in the duties + VAT you will have to pay to get it to Denmark. That may add about 25 % to the price.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Q.G. The price is 14.900 DKK converted to USD 2800. I'm located in Denmark, and it would definately be easiest for me to buy it in Europe. I will definately have in mind, that you think it's $800 to expensive.

I'm not in a hurry, and what I really wanted to know, was if it was a "have to buy" offer, which I can tell from your post that it's not.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The way i've come to that rough valuation is this:

503 CW body - about $ 500
    Magazine - about $ 200
    Winder - about $ 300
    120 CFi - about $ 500
    80 CF - about $ 300
    50 C - about $ 200

Not an exact science, that. And very much depends on condition.
    It may seem that i undervalue the C lens a bit. But i have bought a bunch of those (separately, from different sellers) lately, and none for even that much, and based my valuation on that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You are right.. Not rocket science.

I just did a quick search on ebay.com for completed listings, and what I found was that the 120mm CFI normally sells between $700-$1200 depending on quallity. But the completed listings doesnt show auctions older than 30 days

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Price does no seem too far of the mark, but do you need the winder, or are you paying for something you dont need.
    My favorite place for buying/selling is ffordes, they are in scotland and usually have a good range of Hassleblad gear and you will get a guarantee too

https://secure.ffordes.com/index.htm

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No actually I really don't need the winder, and if I buy the set, my plan is to sell it of ASAP. I might have to think about this one more time, I just thought that the deal was extraordinary good, but as I can understand, it's not..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nkbitsch View Post
    You are right.. Not rocket science.

I just did a quick search on ebay.com for completed listings, and what I found was that the 120mm CFI normally sells between $700-$1200 depending on quallity. But the completed listings doesnt show auctions older than 30 days
    Well, some people are willing to pay more than others.
    Some people let themselves be drawn into bidding wars, eventually paying more than they would have been willing to.
    Some people ... [etc.]
    "What it is worth to you."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin