Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,490   Online: 1029

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rolleiflex SLX winding failure

I bought a Rolleiflex SLX from Adorama several weeks ago and it had been working fine. However, today I loaded a roll of 120 film and when I released the shutter to advance the film to frame 1, it ran the entire roll through to the end without any advance in the counter. (For those who are unaware, this camera has motorized film advance.) So I got an old expired roll of film and tried again. This time the camera advanced one frame, but not to the start of the film. So I pressed it again, and again it advanced only one frame. It's supposed to advance to frame 1 of the film, then you're ready to start shooting photos. I've ensured the camera is set for 120 film. I've tried with two different film holders and get the same problem; one release is one frame and the counter does not count. Any ideas?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I resolved it. I turned one of the rollers a few times and the counter reset. I'm running a role through now to see if that's it. Maybe a little oil is needed?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin