Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,864   Online: 1131

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad filter confusion... Please clarify for me, fellow APUG'ers...

I've searched and searched, and I've found SOME answers, but nothing that specifically explains what I'm confused about...

So... I have a Hass. 500C... I mainly shoot b$w... But, I'm a little confused about my filters, or, more specifically, what they can/cannot be used for, as far as film goes...

Can my colored filters, for b&w, be used with my Polaroid back, with b&w Polaroid film????

And...

Can I use my Haze filter on ALL film, regardless of whether it's b&w, color, polaroid, or some combination thereof...????

Thanks in advance for the help...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG

For black & white you can use Haze, Red, Orange, Yellow, Yellow-Orange, Green, Yellow-Green, ND and Polarizor filters. I am sure there are more.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can use whatever filters you like.

Instant B&W film behaves in pretty much the same way as normal B&W film. You use filters to change contrast (i.e. a yellow filter for daylight shooting)

You can use a haze filter at anytime. No problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the prompt response... I understand what the filters are for, pretty much. I was just curious if Polaroid b&w film behaved the same way as regular, plain old 120 film.. as far as using red/orange/green/whatever... filters were concerned. I've been scouring the interweb, and it's seems like the more I read, in depth, the more confused I get...

And, I was sort of curious if the Haze filter would work on b&w film... because I know that my red/orange/green/whatever... filters will NOT...

Anyways, thanks again !!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJarisch View Post

And, I was sort of curious if the Haze filter would work on b&w film... because I know that my red/orange/green/whatever... filters will NOT...

Anyways, thanks again !!
    Err, not sure if you understand, but your red/orange/green etc filters WILL work with B&W film.

Also, you will need to increase your exposure according to the filter factor which is usually indicated on the filter. 1X = 1 stop, 4X = 2 stops, 8X = 3 stops, etc.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Err... sorry... I meant to say COLOR as oppossed to black and white.... Sorry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of course you can use them on colour film, just look thru the viewfinder to see the effect. It is quite different than what happens to b&w film. I've done it accidentally, sort of forgot which body had what film in it. Hmmmm, maybe I still have those negs and should try to print one on black and white paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A haze filter will cut some of the UV light and thus reduce the haze in black & white and color. Some are tinted and they will warm the both black & white and color.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin