Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,267   Online: 777

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's right and unfortunately if they have to pick it up later they may not feel like paying today and coming back to the store again to pick them up so they may just decide not to bother. Giving them something to buy and take home today while they're excited about it is unfortunately a better way to get money out of them. Faster, better, cheaper, pick two they say and these days it seems fast and cheap are the ones chosen most often.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In order to use film professionally now, it is necessary to "retrain" most clients. It takes work, and you will not always be successful, but if you take your time and effort to do it and do it well, it usually pays off for both you and the client. We must, of course, also be able to realize when digital would be the better tool for the job at hand, and not push film in these situations. (Why would we want to anyhow?)

Most of the time, it is only stuff that is for very deadline-sensitive use that truly requires the speed of digital in order for the client to make money and be competitive. For instance, photos for newspaper use. For most other things, people paying for images have simply become accustomed to instant gratification even though it is not needed, and need to be retrained if we want to use film professionally.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 10-29-2010 at 10:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin