Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,013   Online: 711

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would do the CLA thing, and DO NOT APPLY HEAT! I have a history of dropping expensive things into the water and now own a lot of even more expensive waterproof things. One lesson I learned is to remove moisture with dry cold, or better yet a vacuum chamber. The faster you can get it into dry cold or a vacuum chamber the better. Heating will actually accelerate rust formation (at least it feels that way) and may damage things that are not broken now. You are going to want to get a CLA to be sure no metal parts have rust on them, and to clean and re-oil the ones that are at risk. Rust never sleeps or stops unless treated, let the shop know your camera went for a swim so they know to disassemble and clean everything. It may cost you, but think of it as an "educational expense".

Good luck.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And next time make sure that a lifeguard is on duty or put a life vest on it.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Whatever you do, don't throw it away. Even if things don't work out - and hopefully they will - there are always people around looking for project cameras, learning about repair, needing parts, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Nijo,

Welcome To APUG !

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry about your accident, those things float like rocks.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Make sure to take the batteries out.

Batteries? What batteries, it's a 500 CM, there's no batteries, mate!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That was just a catch all comment. There are so many different cameras some use batteries some don't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In a pinch uncooked instant rice can substitute for dehydrating packets. If you're in N.A. you may want to give Mr. Odess a call to get specfic instructions.
    The good news is that the camera should get through the ordeal with no problem. Salt water would be a different matter though.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Thank you all for the comments. I am currently on the road so when I get home home I will decide what to do. I have the 501cm sitting at home in a box, that will be my main film camera for now. I may end up putting this up at ebay and see if I can recoup a little of my initial expense.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you sell it, what would you ask for it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin