Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,601   Online: 1334

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

easter NY, 2 miles so. of Canadian border
    Shooter
    Large Format
    If you intend to do a lot of flash photography, electronic flash is probably best. But if this is going to be a one shot deal, I reccomend a flash gun that uses #5, or#25 flash bulbs. A lot more light and better illumination of the area around the subject. I used to use these with my speed graphic and likewise preset focus at 12 feet and f11, or f16 with super pan press, speed 25 or 50. The rollie is not quite as easy to use, but one of my then buddies used an argoflex composing thru sportfinder. Worked good for him as well. The 5 inch reflecter gave a nice even light.

easter NY, 2 miles so. of Canadian border
    Shooter
    Large Format
    That should have read shutter speed 25 or 50.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Matt,

Wondering how this worked out for you? I plan on taking some pictures at a friends wedding using my Rolleiflex with a Metz 45 CL4. My plan is to set the focus and leave it. There is no official photographer at the wedding but many friends will be taking color digital pictures. So if this work for me great if not it will be a lesson of what no to do in the future.
    -Brian R. Beck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I admit I'm way out of my depth here, but could you hang a small electronic flash around your neck (or on your belt) and use one of those tiny little wireless triggers on the camera shoe? Sure would free up the handling/L-bracket issue. Maybe something like
    http://www.cowboystudio.com/product/c14/p140704-04.php

Both transmitter and receiver have sync cord sockets, and $28 is pretty low cost for experimenting. You could even have a friend hold the flash if you want more separation or height. Lots of more info on using this type device with old cameras here: http://photonotes.org/reviews/radio-flash-trigger/
    Last edited by picker77; 01-14-2011 at 06:56 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi,

Sorry, not been following this thread, lots of helpful advice though. As it happened I had to pack light at short notice and I ended up using a Konica Hexar AF with a little on-camera flash, and I didn't take the Rollei. I did pick up a better L-bracket at the time, though, and will probably test the setup soon. I did consider the wireless sync option, and might go that way in the future. For the time being, I have a usual curly flash extension cable.

For what it's worth the little Hexar did quite well considering how poor the light was, and how small the flash: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcg_pho...7625121174949/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin