Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,796   Online: 1177

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJarisch View Post
    Does Hasselblad make an IR filter???? I didn't see one on the KEH website...
    I believe that Heliopan or B+W do.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes, I was wrong about 20 to 40 stops. I should have said it was a factor of 20 to 40.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Does the Hasselblad use Bay 60? If so, the cost of a B+W, Heliopan or Hoya filter is going to be very high -- probably more than $200.

I ordered a Bay 1 B+W infrared filter, and it took about four month to arrive. I think these are made in small batches, probably when enough orders have been received.

I'm planning to use it with some Efke infrared in 127 format and a Baby Rolleiflex.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    Does the Hasselblad use Bay 60? If so, the cost of a B+W, Heliopan or Hoya filter is going to be very high -- probably more than $200.

I ordered a Bay 1 B+W infrared filter, and it took about four month to arrive. I think these are made in small batches, probably when enough orders have been received.

I'm planning to use it with some Efke infrared in 127 format and a Baby Rolleiflex.
    You can find them used at keh.com and other websites for a lot less.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    It's better (cheaper) to use a B60/67mm adapter and then a "normal" 67mm filter.
    With Rollei IR, I use a 715 Heliopan.
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    The standard Red 25 filter isn't sufficient to give you the infrared effect. You need a very dark red filter (B+W Type 092).

You can use most developers with this film. I'm using Adox ATM 49, which gives a very fine-grained negative.

I think your exposure will be in the 1/2 second to 1 second range. Although it's rated as ISO400, the filter requires an adjustment of 20 to 40 stops, possibly more, [THIS IS WRONG -- SEE MEA CULPA BELOW] resulting in an effecting ISO between 10 and 20. I've read of some people setting their meter to ISO6 or less.

As with other infrared film, you should handle it in total darkness, although from my understanding, it's not nearly as sensitive to "light piping" as the older Kodak HIE.

Take a look at Freestyle. They have a spec sheet on their site for this film.

And of course, the requisite photo samples:

In this shot, my home made lens shade + the filter caused vignetting. This is with a Zeiss Ikon Contax IIa and postwar 35mm Biogon.

Just the filter, only, with this shot. Different lens. Contax IIa and 21mm Biogon.
    I really like the results that you achieved with this film. I must get around to trying it when my HIE is gone.

Vincent

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, thanks for all the advice guys... I guess at this point, my only option is to use the film with my standard red filter and see how it comes out... at least, until I get a proper IR filter...

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can use a #29 dark red and do OK.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Be sure to read the articles here, which were very helpful to me in figuring out this film and showing the effects of the combos you talked about
    http://www.digitaltruth.com/products...i_infrared.php

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks!! ^^^^^^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin