Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,787   Online: 868

Shooter
    Medium Format

Yay, my back came open!

Hey guys.
    So I was out taking pictures today, using a Yashica Mat-124, and everything was going good. Until the last picture. The camera was a little loose on the tripod so instead of taking the the camera off and tightening it, I twisted the camera on the tripod to tighten it. And because it was a Yashica Mat, this opened the back. This must have happened while taking the last shot of 120 film.

So my question is, how bad is this going to be when I develop it? I really loved that last picture I took and it would have made an excellent print, but now

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since it's 120 film the backing will protect you somewhat- but not much. Expect most of your later roll to be destroyed. Your early pictures on the roll might b ok though.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, exposures 1 through nine should be good. 10-11 iffy. I wouldn't hold out hope for number 12 but one never knows.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had this happen with a Yashicamat too, not fun! Good luck with your film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It wasn`t completely open, it was hanging from my neck (as much as I know) so it could only open so much as from the camera sitting up against my chest, maybe 2cm at the most. Although I`m not 100% certain.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin