Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,772   Online: 1000

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

very nice

very nice first outing. thanks for sharing. now I'm going to have toget off my duff and try my recently acquired yashica A.

your casual family portrait is very, very good. the framing and composition and the natural ease of the subjects make for an excellent wall size print.

thank you for sharing.

kenneth

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dan, that's an excellent DIY solution to mount filters on the A! i'll have to try that method of yours if I don't find any other way. I wonder how easy or hard to find that Voigtlander hood. Thanksmfor sharing it with us!

How about push on filters? Are there none that will fit the A?

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by altair View Post
    How about push on filters? Are there none that will fit the A?
    32 mm push-on filters and hoods fit.

My first medium format camera was a Yashica A with Yashimar lens, that I got from my grandfather to play with. I broke it while experimenting with it, but in the late 80's my father machined a new focus knob for it and I made a new ground glass, and used the camera a bit before I bought my first Rolleiflex.

A couple of years ago I bought a Yashica A with Yashikor in very good shape, that I gave my father as a birthday present together with a strap, 32 mm push-on filter and hood. Very nice camera and the lens is also very good. Soft wide open and plenty sharp stopped down.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Altair! It seems that the Voigtlander hood is a little hard to find. I found it on eBay from a seller in Australia. KEH has the hoods occasionally, but I didn't see any on there when I looked last night. You may be able to find 32mm push-on filters, but I am not sure how rare they are.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great shots! This has inspired me to pull my Yashica A off the shelf and use it again.

Ash
    Echoes Of Light

At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you all.
    It was odd of me that I left too much space at the top, which cost the foot. I will shoot another portait soon. Frankly, it is difficult to see the edges of the frame in the groundglass, even with my freading glasses on. Probably needs a better cleaning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    JPD & Dan: Thanks for the info & clarification re: filters and Voigtlander hood. Time to look for some, I reckon.

Anyway, wow...seems like there's quite a community of Yashica A users here

At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i must get some more 120 film ...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

"you guys"

... now i will have to give that newly acquired A a spin around the block since "you guys" aren't going to give this thread a rest : )

just hope my results are as nice as the ones i have seen here.

breathe, relax and enjoy!!!

smiling gecko

Shooter
    35mm
    FYI...there are several of the Voigtlander 310/32 hoods on eBay right now.
    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...&_nkw=310%2F32

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin