Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,578   Posts: 1,621,984   Online: 1039

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How wide does each go? I am currently shooting available light and usually pretty wide open. I like the thought of a macro, too... So used, what do you think the 120 would fetch? In good condition of course.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 50 mm, 120 mm and 150 mm are all f/4 lenses (though the C version of the 120 mm is only f/5.6).

There is a wide range of 120 mm lenses available: C "chrome", C black, CF, CFi, CFE (a few CB even in some parts of the world). Prices depend on condition too.
    Assuming decent, useable condition, they will range (approximately - with a bit of patience you will always be able to find lenses that are way outside of this range, on either side) from about US$400 for a C lens to US$ 1400 - US$ 2000 for a CFE version. A CF version will set you back about US$ 800.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it was the lens.

Seems to be about a $400 fix with labor, so that is out. I'll be going by to pick it up and checking out the few used lenses they have for sale there - a 50, 150, and 120 makro CF. He says they had it listed at $800 when it was a rental, so it would be lower than that. I will check out the 150, too. And I guess look at 80's on the bay.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For macro you could consider extension tubes that should be pretty reasonable used. They can be used individually or stacked. There is an exposure factor depending on the length of the tubes and the lens that is mounted on them but there are charts that give that information. A 50FLE lens can get pretty close on it's own but not necessarily in the macro range you may be looking for. I have used extension tubes with the 50FLE, 80,150 and 250 and they work fine.

http://jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sad to hear about the lens. $400 to repair seems a lot though.
    get yourself the 150 and look for extension tube(s).
    it's a great lens.

maarten.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will do. The nice man that sold it to me will give me $100 towards a new lens to replace the broken one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can find someone to repair it cheaper than that for that kind of problem I would think..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't know about that.
    Don't waste an opportunity by chasing rainbows. Take the $100 and find another lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Check out KEH.com. Better prices, and a great return policy. I have bought several Hasselblad lenses from them.

Steve
    ^^^^^^ This. KEH is where I'd go.

-J
    APUG: F5, F3HP, F2AS, F FTn, Nikomat FT2, FTn, Nikkormat EL, FT
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-55/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Always love KEH. Got the Bronica there, too. If I don't buy from the camera store, I will from KEH.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin