Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,198   Online: 767

Images

Super Ikonta view finder and glasses. What to do?

Hi
    I just picked up a Super Ikonta III, my first folder. But I have a problem. I wear glasses and the metal ring around the viewfinder scratches my glasses (plastic lenses). I've put a rubber o-ring on it and that helps but before i glue it there permanently I would like to know if any of you has the same problem and how you solved it? I suppose there was a soft eye piece attached to the viewfinder originaly since it's threded. Is there an replacement? What should i look for?
    Grateful for any suggestions
    N O Mennescio
    Spatial Nihilist

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There is a small black cover that threads to the outside. I don't believe it was standard equipment, and the ones that I have came from other cameras.

I think your plan for the "O" ring sounds like a good one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm going to use your idea for an O ring....I think it will work better than the self adhesive felt I've cut down to stop my glasses from being scratched...
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found some cheap adhesive-leatherette rings for this problem---unfortunately I no longer remember where I got them. The O-ring seems like an equally good solution, though.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin