Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,627   Online: 1310
      
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    RobertV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,057
    Hope one day we will become much more civilized
    About history, art and education I think your country is one of the best in Europe.

    The problem is that politicians try to take all power in the country for their own benefit.
    A country bigger then France and about 55 million inhabitants could be an important vote within the EU.

    Talking about the meaning of the country: The Netherlands means Low Land while Ukraine means Border Land. You have one of the best soil/ground in Europe and could be again an important factor in agriculture.

    It's also a pity a lot of companies went out of business after 1990. Also your own photoindustry Svema disappeared years ago.

    Fotohuis is sending Europe wide which includes the Ukraine. I am just busy to arrange a Leitz 1C to Kiev.

    I whish you all the best,

    Robert / Роберт

  2. #22
    DWThomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SE Pennsylvania
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,252
    Images
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by romunas View Post
    Thank you for answering You are absolutely right. I asked about distance from chrome ring the lens seats to film plane. Thank you
    You are welcome, I am relieved to see my measurement agrees with that Japanese chart! If you are going to build your own attachment, the use of a body cap to mount the lens might be useful. The pinhole adapter I made can be seen here, it would probably be possible to use some plastic pipe fittings to create a crude lens mount. You do have to avoid anything that extends inside the camera body very far, as it could hit the mirror.

  3. #23
    Jon Shiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Elk, California
    Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Posts
    2,563
    Images
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by romunas View Post
    Monocle is an lens with only one glass inside it. It makes a soft images. I am not very familiar with English and it's hard to explain. Better see some images made by monocle:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/elenaer...7618374377903/
    Nice pictures. How do you shoot this lens without a lens shutter?

    Jon
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 10-26-2010 at 01:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

  4. #24
    romunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ukraine
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    48
    [QUOTE=Jon Shiu;1081786]
    Quote Originally Posted by romunas View Post
    Monocle is an lens with only one glass inside it. It makes a soft images. I am not very familiar with English and it's hard to explain. Better see some images made by monocle:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/elenaer...7618374377903/[/QUOTE

    Nice pictures. How do you shoot this lens without a lens shutter?

    Jon
    That's not my pictures I don't know all the details of elenaerda's monocle. But my one i can describe: i have all the lenses removed from lensbody but shutter stands on its place. I need to calculate the distance for placing one lens in monocle so i asked about flange focal distance. Not sure that i explain all in good way My English is too poor

  5. #25
    romunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ukraine
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    You are welcome, I am relieved to see my measurement agrees with that Japanese chart! If you are going to build your own attachment, the use of a body cap to mount the lens might be useful. The pinhole adapter I made can be seen here, it would probably be possible to use some plastic pipe fittings to create a crude lens mount. You do have to avoid anything that extends inside the camera body very far, as it could hit the mirror.
    WOOOW!!!! That's really GREAT article! Thank you for it!

  6. #26
    romunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ukraine
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    About history, art and education I think your country is one of the best in Europe.

    The problem is that politicians try to take all power in the country for their own benefit.
    A country bigger then France and about 55 million inhabitants could be an important vote within the EU.

    Talking about the meaning of the country: The Netherlands means Low Land while Ukraine means Border Land. You have one of the best soil/ground in Europe and could be again an important factor in agriculture.

    It's also a pity a lot of companies went out of business after 1990. Also your own photoindustry Svema disappeared years ago.

    Fotohuis is sending Europe wide which includes the Ukraine. I am just busy to arrange a Leitz 1C to Kiev.

    I whish you all the best,

    Robert / Роберт
    You are right in your vision of Ukraine. It's a great shame for ukrainian politicans that having one of the best grounds in Europe we need to import some food products And it is just a part of iceberg We can just wait and try to do something to change the situation to better.

    i'm not sure that i correctly understood you phrase:
    Fotohuis is sending Europe wide which includes the Ukraine. I am just busy to arrange a Leitz 1C to Kiev.

  7. #27
    RobertV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,057
    It's a great shame for ukrainian politicans that having one of the best grounds in Europe we need to import some food products And it is just a part of iceberg
    Yes, cheap crap from Turkey.

    On the other hand I was in the plane with someone of Monsanto selling all kind of first class seeds to Ukraine incl. their Pesticides So it IS possible to start it up again.

    I have small business in photographic equipment, chemicals, films and papers. Unfortunately transport to the Ukraine is slow and expensive. Well seeing the highway on above video it's clear this is one of the biggest problems in your country. It will delay economic grow tremendously.

    I think it's necessary put in a few Billions of Euro to start up better infra structure. Open borders with Europe/Shengen will be also necessary for economic grow. But your situation can be compared with Romania, Bulgaria and Moldavia. Still a long way to go but Europe is willing to pay for it because in the future all will benefit of prosperity and a safe and stable Europe. Countries who were less lucky after WWII need the chance now to improve their overall situation and more strong countries in the West should give their full support for it.

  8. #28
    romunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ukraine
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    Yes, cheap crap from Turkey.

    On the other hand I was in the plane with someone of Monsanto selling all kind of first class seeds to Ukraine incl. their Pesticides So it IS possible to start it up again.

    I have small business in photographic equipment, chemicals, films and papers. Unfortunately transport to the Ukraine is slow and expensive. Well seeing the highway on above video it's clear this is one of the biggest problems in your country. It will delay economic grow tremendously.

    I think it's necessary put in a few Billions of Euro to start up better infra structure. Open borders with Europe/Shengen will be also necessary for economic grow. But your situation can be compared with Romania, Bulgaria and Moldavia. Still a long way to go but Europe is willing to pay for it because in the future all will benefit of prosperity and a safe and stable Europe. Countries who were less lucky after WWII need the chance now to improve their overall situation and more strong countries in the West should give their full support for it.
    That's right, that's right...
    About your business. Are you going to import into Ukraine photographic equipment and (that is much more interest for me) chemistry and films? Or may be you already doing it?

  9. #29
    RobertV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,057
    Are you going to import into Ukraine photographic equipment and (that is much more interest for me) chemistry and films?
    Yes, I am starting up small business. For 8 years I did the export for Amaloco Photochemicals, the Netherlands to the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Russia. Unfortunately Amaloco closed their plant in Ommen for environmental reasons half 2008. It was too expensive to re-organize all according strickly Dutch regulations and the owner was also to close to his pension. 79 years Amaloco came to an end.

    However there are possibilities with Foma Bohemia SRO from Hradec Kralové, Czech Republic, their chemical dpt. is from Foton (Poland) and they are doing already a lot of business in the East (but also West )

    Ukraine has a large history and art minded people. I had a preformance of Madame Butterfly in the Opera of Odessa. It was one of the best shows I have ever seen. The atmosphere, sound and building is tremendous good. I can only recommend everybody to see this spectacle.

    Best regards,

    Роберт

  10. #30
    romunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ukraine
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    Yes, I am starting up small business. For 8 years I did the export for Amaloco Photochemicals, the Netherlands to the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Russia. Unfortunately Amaloco closed their plant in Ommen for environmental reasons half 2008. It was too expensive to re-organize all according strickly Dutch regulations and the owner was also to close to his pension. 79 years Amaloco came to an end.

    However there are possibilities with Foma Bohemia SRO from Hradec Kralové, Czech Republic, their chemical dpt. is from Foton (Poland) and they are doing already a lot of business in the East (but also West )

    Ukraine has a large history and art minded people. I had a preformance of Madame Butterfly in the Opera of Odessa. It was one of the best shows I have ever seen. The atmosphere, sound and building is tremendous good. I can only recommend everybody to see this spectacle.

    Best regards,

    Роберт
    We have a rich culture. I agree. But due political and economical problems we have a big problems in cultural and educational fields too.
    Have you ever been in Kiev (the capital of Ukraine)? It is very beautiful and interesting city too.

    Good luck in your business! Not sure that Ukrainian market is very interest for you - not many people shoting on films here...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin