Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,254   Online: 762

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

where to get CLA - Mamiya TLR ?

I have a Mamiya C-330 that seems to be in need of some routine maintenance. There has recent;ly been some frame overlap...and there are a few other minor annoyances. My usual repair guy retired a few years ago and I have not found another decent repair place locally.

Please recommend a place that'll do a good job at a reasonable price (and not take three months!)

Thx.
    Brad.

Shooter
    35mm
    I used Dean's in Idaho for my Yashica TLR. Great job, one week turn-around, very reasonably priced. He did tell me his turn-around time is dependent on his personal health issues, but he tries to be quick. Not sure if he gets involved with electronic issues. He answered my initial email within a half hour. I would definitely use him again.

http://www.deansphotographica.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    KEH also does CLA and repairs at a decent price. Turn around is about 3-4 weeks. They also have an online estimate calculator.

http://www.keh.com/Repair-Center.aspx

Axel
    Last edited by alroldan12; 10-25-2010 at 01:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    KEH is also good, I've used them also. I sent two bodies to them for CLA and repair. Turn-around was also one week for both, and they did more than the requested repairs for the original estimate charge. Their charge was substantially higher than Dean, but reasonable. Will use them again also.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Mamiya C series aren't too bad to do yourself if its just a CLA. The mechanism isn't too small in there and all seems to work quite logically.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have been able to do many little repairs to the exterior of this camera - put the view finder back together

Any advice on how to get the right hand side cover off?

Or where to go to get detailed diagrams / instructions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike Butkus has the C220 repair manual (http://www.butkus.org/chinon/mamiya/...220_repair.htm) but I don't see a C330 manual.

As for CLA folks, I've currently got both my Mamiya TLR lenses out to Mark Hama (http://markhama.home.comcast.net/~markhama/) for CLA and he's been a pleasure to deal with so far. In about two weeks I should be able to tell you how the lenses came out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think the C220 and the C330 are fairly similar as far as getting them apart. I followed the repair manual and while it doesn't spell out every step for you, it does give you a reasonable idea of what to do

I like Essex Camera repair in NJ. Google them.

Very excellent survey.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin