Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,910   Online: 1225

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you've got the C330 to try out, that's the perfect place to start.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are considering buying a 6x6 I would suggest going up to Bronica GS1- 6x7. Smaller than an RB and easier to hand hold. I have seen comments and comparisons to RB/RZ's and most say the GS1 is equal or better. No rotating back, but I find simply turning my wrist to be must faster anyway. GS1 has the shutter in the lens which is better in my book. Price is much less than all others. I researched them all before buying and found this to be best suited for my needs. Hassy's too expensive for everything incl. acces., RB/RZ very heavy to hand hold, Pentax 6x7, lenses are very expensive, and can get mirror vibration at slower speed, even 125th according to an owner/user. I would agree the Mamiya 7 is a nice choice as previously suggested, but also expensive. Good luck.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I photograph babies and small children, and use both Nikon autofocus bodies as well as my RZ II. I find that while babies (at least in the first 18 months) are easy to photograph with the MF, once they start running it is impossible to get them in focus using the Mamiya. When shooting toddlers, it's almost like shooting sports- continuous focus and 8fps bursts (my flashes hate me).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentX View Post
    If you've got the C330 to try out, that's the perfect place to start.
    +1, I find the Mamiya C TLRs excellent M/F cameras for shooting kids, with the prism finder and the L grip almost as fast as a 35mm SLR to operate, but it's a different technique and takes practice to become proficient at it.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michelleg View Post
    I'm new here, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place!

I have a business photographing small children and recently decided that I wanted to try film. I have borrowed a bronica sq and I'm surprised at how much I like it, how I need to consider each shot, and the end result. And of course I like the lack of photoshop!

I would like to buy a medium format camera but I'm not sure which one will work well for me running around after small kids. ...
    Michelle

I'm afraid medium-format cameras do not work for taking pictures of children. Actually, nobody ever took a picture of children before the 1920 when small-format cameras were introduced. To my knowledge, there is only one woman in Australia who ever overcame this handicap:

http://www.nicoleboenigmcgrade.com/

Just kidding, of course it works, as you can see in Nicole's images!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh Ralph, my heart started to sink when I began to read your post! Thankfully it had a positive outcome! Nicole's work is beautiful!

I will give the mamiya a try and see how it goes!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin