Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,315   Posts: 1,536,700   Online: 942

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format

HASSELBLAD 60-120MM WORK ON A 500CM?

Guess the title is self-explainetory…

Considering a zoom for a 500cm for a travel camera and cannot find reference to this lens working on a 500-series body.

Thanks in advance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 60-120mm is an FE lens and will only work correctly on a 2000 or 200 series camera. The lens has no shutter in it. The only zoom made for the 500 series is the 140-280mm zoom. A great lens but probably not the range you are looking for.

Terry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It will indeed not. It has no shutter, and neither has the 500 C/M.

If it would work, the question is whether you would want such a lens.
    Zoom lenses, and this one too, are large and heavy.
    A 60 mm lens is small and light. So is a 80 mm lens. Or a 100 mm lens. Even the 120 mm lens is a compact lightweight thingy. Combined they do weigh a bit, yes.
    But the thing is that you do not have to carry all that weight on the front end of your camera all of the time.
    With a zoom lens however, there is no other option. Always front heavy, bulky, pain in the neck (literally).

So yes, the total weight will be (a bit) less. But it will be a nuisance all of the time.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Many thanks for saving me $$$!!

I have a 50mm, 80mm and 150mm, but had a weird notion that I could save volume and time with a zoom.

And whilst I'm not too smart but able to lift heavy things, I doubt that my girlfriend fits that category. So the weight of the zoom would probably annoy the billygoats out of her.

Thanks again.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin