Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,863   Online: 784

Shooter
    Multi Format

RB with KL lens mirror lock up question

I just picked up a KL 127 for my RB. On my old lenses there was a NM knob that did the duty, and that made perfect sense and worked like a charm.

On the new KL they forgot to put on the little knob that I understood, and have grown quite fond of. But instead they put in two cable release points, a M.up and B. Guess they had some extras, or wanted to screw with me.

Anybody shed some light on the operation. I cant get it to understand what I want it to do.

Thanks

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For mirror-up, just screw the cable release into the M-up receptacle; as you do, the collar rises up. Hitting the main shutter release raises the mirror and tripping the cable release lets the shutter go, same as before. B is for "bulb" exposure with the shutter open as long as the cable release is depressed after hitting the main release. You'll enjoy the KL. I have the 150/3.5 KL and love it as a short portrait lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    CGW, Thanks got it now. The little collar was not rising, but after a little fiddling its working great now.

Thanks

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No charge.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin