Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,764   Posts: 1,484,068   Online: 1114

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice kit, and some nice results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's nothing like being happy with what you have .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a pair of Super 66's and a handful of lenses that I shot portraits and weddings with into the mid 80's. One of my biggest regrets was parting with them, enjoy yours.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you people. The 85 came back the other day. It and the 150 will be getting a workout later in the week I hope.

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The 85mm is a gem wide open as well as stopped down. Here is a sample from the super 66 that I had.
    I was very happy with the quality. The finder is quite amazing.

i sold it because I had a hard time loading it and I like the side focussing of the Bronica S and Mamiya RB67 better.
    However I miss the square format. I will be going back to the Kowa or a 'blad soon.

This is my wife and I.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kowasix033s.jpg  
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Im unsure about the 85mm. Im not sure it focuses to infinity. Ive not yet tempted fate and taken landscape pictures focused at infinity with a large aperture (f2.8 or f4) with low DoF, but I do seem to notice the lens markings are not correct. Compared to the 150mm and other camera/lens combinations it reaches infinity much earlier. The markings are also off at close distances, e.g. 4ft when other lenses say 3ft. Ive measured these cases and found the distance to be 3ft. Stopped down at infinity it would seem to be quite OK. Anybody had similar experiences with their 85mm?

85mm, f16, focused at infinity:

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    The 85mm is a gem wide open as well as stopped down. Here is a sample from the super 66 that I had.
    I was very happy with the quality. The finder is quite amazing.

i sold it because I had a hard time loading it and I like the side focussing of the Bronica S and Mamiya RB67 better.
    However I miss the square format. I will be going back to the Kowa or a 'blad soon.

This is my wife and I.
    Nice.

Yes, for someone unaccustomed to MF the finders on these SLRs are fantastic. I would suspect the Kowa is not a bad representative for the species.

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah well, Ill keep the 85mm as it is. Ive not got the focus wrong on it yet, at anything f5.6 and above. Its pretty sharp, though Ive heard its not the best Kowa MF lens, its good enough for me. A few examples (click the bar to enlarge, youll need it):

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin