Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,710   Online: 745

Shooter
    Medium Format

rollei 80mm planar hft ,lens wont open

have 6006 ,and that lens on fully charged (new cell upgraded)battery
    lens stay closed on any setting i roll all time and nothing
    iris in lens is clean (no oil)
    and lens look and feel like new
    plz help

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A little more information please. Does it say "PQ" on the lens, typically to the right of the aperture scale? What happens when you turn the aperture ring all the way to "A" and let it lock in place (it unlocks with the little red button)? Have you tried firing the shutter without a lens or film magazine in place? If you mount the lens, set it to f11, turn on the camera and press the stop-down button, what happens? Have you cleaned all the contacts on the body and lens?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    no it's HFT lens 80mm f 2.8
    when i turn to a it locks , and i get white arrow on f 2.8 on black background (on manual no arrow only red background)
    and nothing iris wont move .
    i was now . no back it fire ok , no lens it fire ok
    on f 11 same it fire what ever i do (mirror up, light meter test) but lens wont open
    and contacts are clean thay look like gold

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like it needs service. A few last things to check:
    1) regardless of how they look, I'd clean the contacts with contact cleaner or 91% isopropyl alcohol or similar.
    2) check the action of the spring loaded contact pins on the body side by gently touching them with a pencil point-they should move.
    3) check the housing around the contacts on the lens (its called the "contact bridge") for signs of cracks, etc.
    Good luck with it!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin