Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,872   Online: 1035

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

RB67 150mm s/f photos??

Does anyone have shots taken with an RB67 150mm S/F lens? I would like to see some examples..
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This is from an RZ with an RB SF 150 (not my photo of course):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/christo...ods/553645174/
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellent shot. One of these days I would like to buy that lens for my RB67.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Or you could try the old school soft focus by stretching some ladies stocking material over the front of your lens. Then there is also the light smear of Vasiline on a 1A filter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have to remember that. Thanks for the information.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the lens and it can deliver superb images though I prefer the Mamiya 645 version which offers greater versatility and doesn't run the risk of damage if you over-tighten the front of the lens when you place one of the discs behind it...

Of course, if your pockets are reasonably deep you could buy a set of Zeiss Softars if wiping Vaseline off filters seems a bit tedious.... The good thing about the Sekor 150mm SF lens is that it is pretty cheap on ebay so it's a great time to grab one (though double check it's got at least 2 of the 3 discs).

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ContaxRTSFundus View Post
    I have the lens and it can deliver superb images though I prefer the Mamiya 645 version which offers greater versatility and doesn't run the risk of damage if you over-tighten the front of the lens when you place one of the discs behind it...

Of course, if your pockets are reasonably deep you could buy a set of Zeiss Softars if wiping Vaseline off filters seems a bit tedious.... The good thing about the Sekor 150mm SF lens is that it is pretty cheap on ebay so it's a great time to grab one (though double check it's got at least 2 of the 3 discs).
    Saran can also work and distressing it can add even softer effects. The 150SF sells for all sorts of prices from dirt cheap to ridiculous regardless of condition. Many sellers, especially the dreaded "I don't know anything about photography" bottom feeders, are clueless about the disc set; in fact, I saw a complete set close at a shocking price last year, presumably purchased by someone who snagged the lens cheap without 'em. I've got the sweet RB 150/3.5 KL but have this perverse urge to get the SF.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A couple of quick scans attached, one in controlled indoors conditions against a black b/g (the weed) the other outdoors on a moderately contrasty day. I'm still at a trial and error point with this lens; sometimes the results are encouraging. I have read on the web many opinions regarding the virtues of the spherical aberration of this lens vs. vaseline, softars, gauze etc. Maybe those devices make focussing easier, the 150 SF isn't easy in that regard.

BTW mine spent some of its life in GA on the shelves of KEH, it has provenance Mr stradibarrius of GA.

Regards - Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weed.jpeg   Path.jpeg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Ross Nice effect! I bought one earlier this week and just shot my first roll today. I hope to process the film tomorrow and if anything is decent I will scan it and post it here.
    I paid $85USD fo it with all three disc. It is in like new condition so I am very happy.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From shaky memory I recall that I paid KEH about 150 USD and it was just below "as new" and had the discs, so sounds lie a good deal.

I wonder if folk have trouble figuring this lens out and sell it on (to our good fortune).

I always see long telephotos for 35 mm SLRs in pawn shops around Sydney, and wonder if people have bought what they thought looked impressive and subsequently found that holding one of these telephotos steady is not so easy?
    Regards - Ross

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin