Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,197   Online: 764

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Domke is a good choice. I have one that's over 20 years old. Held up great. Canvas is durable and breathable. Over all great design. I like my Crumpler too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another vote for Domke F2, because they are made out of nice high quality water resistant cotton canvas not plasticy nylon, are not too heavily padded, mould to the body are light for their size, and above all are real "shooters bags" that are easy to work out of and access your equipment on the move.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 11-07-2010 at 05:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    One other 'plus' of Domke bags is that they give your equipment that coveted 'beaten up' look in no time at all.

I use LowePro bags myself, but they are anything but elegant looking.
    Crumpler, or something similar, messenger style bags would be the thing, i'd say.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    One other 'plus' of Domke bags is that they give your equipment that coveted 'beaten up' look in no time at all.

Crumpler, or something similar, messenger style bags would be the thing, i'd say.
    No, I disagree the beauty about them is you can use as much or little padding as you need with a modular insert system. http://shopping.yahoo.com/search?p=b...omke%20inserts
    Ben

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I put my stuff in either a Domke or a Timbuk 2 messenger bag. The Domke is better organized for a photographer, having pockets. But the Timbuk 2 is a lot better looking, and you can order online and basically get it in any color or colors you want. I use that one for travel or roaming around the city. I use a Domke insert to separate and organize the contents.

Neither is padded, which isn't a problem for me, since I don't fling the bags around. I treat them like any messenger bag or purse, putting them in the trunk and under the table and what have you. I've never had anything damaged or even marked, and I think only someone who hasn't used a Domke would say that. But if you want a padded bad to be on the safe side, there are some good recommendations for them in this thread.

-Laura

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post

I do not use Domke bags, but I use lens wraps [camera wraps] to avoid the " coveted 'beaten up' look" for all my equipment.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

NJS
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use Lowepro Mini Trekker, I can fill it with Bronnie SQ-A, metered prism, wlf, 3 lenses (with hoods), 2 backs, films, Canon 5D + 2 or 3 prime lenses, few CF cards, 3 batteries for 5D, battery charger and card reader, all the cables needed and other stuff. There's a nice patent on the front side which can also take my tripod and once I have it stuffed like this I use all the straps which come on my chest and belt - beside the normal ones that lay on my shoulders. Very very practical thing when you spend a lot of time hiking all day long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    +1...

I own a 6 million dollar home, and it is perfect for my Rolleiflex plus some stuff (micro tripod, film, lightmeter, rolleinars, filters, etc...)

It's the best and most beautiful bag I've ever owned.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about one of these Katie http://www.louisvuitton.com/uk/flash...Id=prod1370304 £1580 is only $2558 USD
    Last edited by benjiboy; 11-07-2010 at 12:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Maybe Billingham is the bag for you. I've got a black Hadley that carries my Leica M gear, and a 225 for the M gear plus a D300.
    Great solid bags, and when they wear down very pretty
    ....took the red pill, and just buckled up....

Chris

flickr&blog

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin