Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,551   Posts: 1,544,885   Online: 933

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Now that the OP has made a decision and acted on it, there will be a flood of postings with advice about what she should have gotten.
    Glad makes some nice bags in different sizes. Waterproof & cheap.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Domke f2 Rugged wear IMO is a very good choice Katie, because it's lightweight for it's size, it's "shooters bag" that's easy to access your gear even on the run, the finish of the bag will improve with age until it looks beat up and like it doesn't contain anything of value, and they seem to swallow up as much as you can put in them.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HAHA! Thanks guys. I checked out JillE, Billingham, Epiphanie, Kelly Moore, Crumpler, and the Etsy handmade one's. While STYLE was clearly on the top of the list for THESE, I found that the Domke had the look I like (ie: non lunch box or backpack, but more of a bag that doesn't look camera bag-ish) AND had the inserts that I wanted, as well as easy access to equipment. It also is waterproof and has a weathered "vintage" feel to it, which is also very "me". I want the bag to match the cameras. I would think a Hasselblad 500C would feel more at home in a weathered Domke than a shiny new leather JillE. (kinda like me, too).

Cute is surely subjective, right? I *DO* think they are very stylish!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    www.pompidoo.com If I weren't a guy, I'd buy it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

So versitile

Quote Originally Posted by olleorama View Post
    www.pompidoo.com If I weren't a guy, I'd buy it.
    So versatile that you could keep your chihuahua and your Leica. I'm sure if Paris Hilton was an analog photographer she'd get one to carry them both

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    So versatile that you could keep your chihuahua and your Leica. I'm sure if Paris Hilton was an analog photographer she'd get one to carry them both
    Seriously, I think it looks great for being a camera bag. I would love to have a leather camera bag, although I would have it somewhat more masculin, like an old school briefcase. Or like an old doctors bag, that kind of opening could probably be made to be great for opening while the bag is worn.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see f2 has been recommended over and over, however, I do not know how the 4 dividers that do not change in size can be helpful. Also can the padded dividers hold the 500 series body with 80mm lens attached? Are you guys buying separate dividers?
    Any pics of how you have your laid out?

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmm, that would be nice. Does anyone have the F2 that they could post pics of the inside WITH GEAR. I have the distagon 50 for the Hasselblad, which is considerably longer than my old 80C.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here it is. The bag is my old beat up friend. It's over 20 years old and still holding up. http://gallery.me.com/iphone/mainecoonmaniac/100082#0

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The gallery link doesn't work when embedded.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin