Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,322   Online: 936

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks yurihita,
    If I can pick up a not too costly 125mm, the 180 3.2 will follow.

Has anyone ever tried the 100-200 zoom? I've not found any review of it and am intrigued as to its quality though I note it needs a support bracket - definitely not one that's easily hand-held I reckon though I wonder if you'd ever use a short-range zoom in a studio....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    im upgrading my Bronica SQA to the 680MKII. Whats the tilt/shift like of these cameras?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi razocaine_07,
    Pretty useful is the short answer. Tilt and swing can move by up to 12 degrees, rise is up to about 2/3 inch (15mm) and fall a tad less at 13mm (1/2 inch). My only problem is that access to the shift knob is awkward being dead centre, tight under the bellows. Once you have found the optimum use of these movements, it's a simple matter to lock them and they stay locked...

I have found that the versatility offered by the movements is more than adequate for my needs. Do remember however that the 50mm super wide-angle and 100-200mm zoom lenses have next to no opportunity for the use of movements due to their smaller image circles - but the use of these lenses would not often require the application of movements.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That 100-200 zoom would be quite useful in the studio, actually. Think about where a photographer might be doing either a fashion shoot or a product shoot and needs to do a full-length shot of the subject, then pull in for a detail. With the zoom, you wouldn't have to re-focus or recalculate the exposure unless you got into macro territory. It becomes an efficiency thing in a production environment.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quite right - I hadn't thought about that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin