Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,477   Online: 1053

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

FUJI GX680 MkII newbie - and loving it....

Wow! I thought my RZ67 kit was big until I took delivery of the Fuji yesterday. I love the Mamiya for its glassware and the rotating back so I was delighted to see that the GX680 uses the same mechanism for its backs.

I bought mine from a UK shop that's currently selling all its used lenses and cameras at 50% discount so I could not resist the opportunity. It came with the 80mm lens and (a rarity these days) a battery and charger. I bought the strap and bracket as well and took it out this morning to use hand-held around the valley here.

It was not as cumbersome as I'd been led to expect and I hope to see the results some time next week. My only problems have been finding a manual (bought a reprint from oldtimecameras but the print size is too small), a spare battery and advice/reviews on the lens range.

I'll keep persevering because in the space of a day I've fallen in love with the brute. The lens/bellows movements make such a difference and I can't wait to try some studio work.

Now, I wonder how much better that MkIII is.....?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I borrowed a GX680 first model for a project that my wife did. I cannot imagine taking it out as a hand held camera, it makes a Hasselblad look like a toy. The 65 is a nice lens too. Enjoy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Come on now, tell which store!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi redrockcoulee - yep, it does tend to make 6x6 cameras look as if they could use a course of steroids - though they'd have the last laugh if you're out and about for a few hours... Thanks for the steer on the 65 - it may be a tad too close to the 80 for me to buy as a next choice. I'm tempted by the 125 and 180 f3.2 lenses...

Hi olleorama - the shop is in the UK and is called MrCad; they've a web site but the listings are not updated regularly so some of the items that appear may already have been sold (my camera is still shown there) - I think the sale continues for another 3 days.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Try the 125.... the best of the lot, in my view.... sharpest lens I think for the 680.... heavy, too
    Logan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ContaxRTSFundus View Post
    Hi redrockcoulee - yep, it does tend to make 6x6 cameras look as if they could use a course of steroids - though they'd have the last laugh if you're out and about for a few hours... Thanks for the steer on the 65 - it may be a tad too close to the 80 for me to buy as a next choice. I'm tempted by the 125 and 180 f3.2 lenses...

Hi olleorama - the shop is in the UK and is called MrCad; they've a web site but the listings are not updated regularly so some of the items that appear may already have been sold (my camera is still shown there) - I think the sale continues for another 3 days.
    Oh, I've used them!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    the 125mm f/3.2? Yes, this is a beautiful, heavy beast.

Quote Originally Posted by whlogan View Post
    Try the 125.... the best of the lot, in my view.... sharpest lens I think for the 680.... heavy, too
    Logan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wonderful beasts and I would love to try one out. Cool to see somebody uses them!
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks everyone - the 125 f3.2 it will be - now, to try and find a small photographer I can mug..... ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    After the 125mm, try the 180mm f/3.2 - another wonderful beast.

Jerevan - the prices are really attractively low right now for GX 680 gear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin