Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,334   Posts: 1,682,071   Online: 918

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I take an RB67 out for landscape, usually with a Gitzo carbon fibre tripod, a 50mm, 90mm, 140mm and 250mm, and I usually need a good back rub and some ibuprophen when I get home. I suppose that's why a 7 is better, but then again it depends who does your back rub.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I also have an RB67 which gets taken out both with and without a tripod.

With 'normal' size cameras, often the tripod gets left at home as it's too much bother. With an RB67 you sometimes feel like taking the tripod out but leaving the camera at home!

I find the RB67 fine to use hand held with the left hand grip but it would be foolish to buy one without trying it first to see if it suits you.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I use a Mamiya 7 as it's light(ish) and handholdable. The drawback of the RF is that if you want to use a lot of filters for landscape, especially a polarizer or ND grads, you can't set these up accurately as you don't view through the filters. I've used filters before, but just had to guess!

If you are lugging around a tripod and a load of gear for landscape anyway, then an Medium Format SLR might be a better choice. I can't comment on the RZ/RB.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked up a left-hand grip for 1 euro from a fine gent in Ireland. It's on it's way to me here in Sarajevo - hopefully it will come soon. Meanwhile, i'm doing nothing b/c i need to put new light seals on my 120 back and have about 3 weeks before i can get a set (hopefully).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fmajor View Post
    Meanwhile, i'm doing nothing b/c i need to put new light seals on my 120 back and have about 3 weeks before i can get a set (hopefully).
    If it's of any use to you, I could send you some self adhesive 1mm thick black foam.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Steve -

Thank you and very kind offer. Unfortunately, i suspect by the time it cleared Customs here in Bosnia i'd be back in the States and will have received a kit - unless it was sent in a "Diplomatic Pouch" and not many have access to those (sending or receiving).

Meanwhile, i do alot of photo composing but no picture taking! It's like dry-fire practice in marksmanship - helps to stick to the basics!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have quite complete M/F and L/F systems. Yet when I look around at my living room and gallery walls I see most of the landscape/travel prints are from a beat up Palubel Makita 67. To travel with one camera/one lens and zoom, when possible, with your feet has much to recommend. Getting really comfortable with your camera and lens is key. That you can fit a 6x7 rangefinder into a small fanny pack is very nice.

Last year down in Mexico the fuzzy light trap stuffing gave up and died. Then the rangefinder crapped out. (lots of motorcycle and air travel I guess) Some black tape and zone/scale focus and I kept on going. I am very happy with the prints from that trip. You see, it does not matter what you use, just pick your camera and use it, a lot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin