Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,615   Online: 670

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Amen to that, Mainecoonmaniac! (do I sense a certain affinity towards cats, with that name?) That was the reasoning behind me not giving up on the Rollei.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is the only way I can justify it really. These cameras will be taking great pictures long after I am dead and you just can't put a price on that. I was just saying to the wife the other day that I wish they still manufactured things like they did 70 years ago. I am tired of living in such a disposable society.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by reverend jay View Post
    This is the only way I can justify it really. These cameras will be taking great pictures long after I am dead and you just can't put a price on that. I was just saying to the wife the other day that I wish they still manufactured things like they did 70 years ago. I am tired of living in such a disposable society.
    While I'm not all that old, I do expect the various old cameras that I'm accumulating and having serviced will probably out-last me. With that thought in mind I have set up a notebook with a snap of the camera, and it's history as I know it. I figure, if the family ever needs to dispose of these, it will help them, since they will be totally in the dark. I include copies of the invoices for the service, purchase date/price, brief explanation of what is special about the camera model, and suggestions for disposal - including listing on APUG.

Is this anal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think if they were my cameras, and Mike Hammer is as good a technician as he is reputed to be, and as you say you want to keep the cameras I would accept his quotation and ask him to go ahead because they could give you many years of further pleasure, I've had five of my cameras serviced in the last year which cost more than I could have bought them for on E bay, but I know where they've been for the last twenty odd years and that that haven't been tampered with by unskilled owners and I now look forward to many more years use of them because they now look and operate like new .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It might seem high at this time, but in the long run worth it.

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin