Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,375   Online: 794

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokton48 View Post
    Auto-Aperture, like a European Auto Graflex. Shown with my new 360mm Schneider Tele-Xenar, mounted to an old Sinar Norma lenscone, and bolted to a flat Plaubel lensboard. Very nice to look through.
    I got one like that, anyone else that has caught the bug?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sure does look like a great camera!

Jeff

You now have awakened Gear Acquisition Syndrome in hundreds if not thousands of APUG viewers, members and subscribers. I might have lived the rest of my life not knowing about this camera and been quite happy. Thanks for sharing. I think.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pgomena View Post
    You now have awakened Gear Acquisition Syndrome in hundreds if not thousands of APUG viewers, members and subscribers. I might have lived the rest of my life not knowing about this camera and been quite happy. Thanks for sharing. I think.

Peter Gomena
    He he if this really takes a shine to you, Peter, its gonna cost ya! Thats the revenge of the machines! Its a large, heavy but very very impresive piece of kit.

If you bring this and the required large tripod noone will think you're not a Professional Photographer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pgomena View Post

Peter Gomena
    And not hundreds but thousands of APUG viewers will end up very very disappointed, because only a few where ever made........

Cost, availability and practicality are the factors here. I don't need any more shiny mechanical film-consuming items in my life. But I can dream!

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Noone that has one or has access to one then that are on APUG today, that can share some knowledge?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Another digiphoto of one of my Makiflex Automatics.

Makiflex Automatic #2, purchased in Germany. I have attached a flat black (modern) Plaubel lensboard, to which I have mounted a Durst Enlarger recessed lens cone. Finally, my barrel-mounted 120mm Rodenstock Imagon (also purchased in Germany) completes the setup. Focuses very nicely even back to infinity, due to the recess. And I do have the 150mm barrel-mounted Imagon, that I can also place on this board. Good to have a choice.

I now also have a 9x12cm Plaubel Makiflex back, and have found a good number of 9x12cm film sheaths that perfectly fit into the back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG  
    Last edited by Nokton48; 08-14-2012 at 09:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very cool cameras!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rear View of two Automatic Lenses-150mm & 210mm Xenars.

Here is a rear-view of my two Plaubel Automatic Makiflex lenses, so you can see the operating mechanisms. On the left, is the 150mm Schneider Xenar. On the right, is the 210mm Schneider Xenar (minus extension cone and board, it bayonets on and off).

On the 150 you can see the iris-cocking lever, about 7:00 o'clock orientation. About 4:00 o'clock you can see the lever that releases the spring-loaded iris, which happens a microsecond before the focal plane shutter fires. At about 11:00 there is a silver push-button, that manually closes the iris.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG  
    Last edited by Nokton48; 09-03-2012 at 12:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin