Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,882   Online: 1142

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok so these are a completely custom Plaubel affair.

Neat, thanks for posting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yahoo!
    I just scored on Ebay somthing very rare. An original Plaubel Makiflex Film Back for 2.25"x3.25" Graflex-type Sheet Film Holders. It's a springloaded back with bail, for U.S. holders.

So, now I have a 9x9cm on 4x5" Makiflex Filmback, a 9x9cm on 9x12cm European Makiflex Back with a good number of 9x12cm singlesheet holders, and -two- of the 6x9cm Filmbacks for the Makiflex, which will take either Plaubel Makina Rollfilm Backs (have 6x6cm and 6x9cm) or the Single-Sheet 6x9cm Filmholders that also fit in the Plaubel Makina.

Sa-Weet. Can't wait to get it. Needs a groundglass. Great to have such a choice, and collectable, too.
    Last edited by Nokton48; 11-15-2012 at 01:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format

9x9cm Image on Old Expired Type 52 Polaroid.

Makiflex Automatic Body with 150mm F4.5 Schneider Xenar Barrel lens.

Exposed at ISO 400, developed for Four Minutes instead of 20 Seconds.

Polaroid is such a HOOT with these Cameras. Amazing that there is an image to see at all.
    I still have about a hundred sheets of Polaroid 52 to burn through my three Makiflexes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG  
    Last edited by Nokton48; 11-15-2012 at 03:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format

OK Here's What Arrived Today.

A 2.25"x3.25" Makiflex Back with Bail, which takes Graphic-Type Sheet Filmholders, or Graflex Graphmatic 2x3 Film Magazines. Even still has the original Plaubel Metal Sticker with Makiflex Catalog number on it.

I've been looking for this accessory for as long as I've had these cameras, which has been a good while.

Just needs a 2x3 groundglass, and some Graphic Filmholders, and I'm good to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG   002.JPG  
    Last edited by Nokton48; 11-19-2012 at 04:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi nokton, I'm sending you a PM re those 2x3 film holders.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Makiflex Graphic 2x3 Back Now Fully Operational.

Got a piece of 4x5 groundglass for $4.00 at Midwest Photo today (went down into the basement), and had it cut down at the local hardware store to fit the Makiflex back. Luckily it didn't crack, and I did final finishing with a Dremel Emory Wheel on my Mini Drill Press. So I had some fun today and learned something - I didn't know you can sand and reshape sheet glass.

Now I need a bunch of 2x3 filmholders, maybe a couple of 2x3 Graphmatics, and 2x3 sheet film. Freestyle will have in stock Aristo EDU 100 and 400 in 2x3 Jan 1st.

This is fun. The new back has perfect groundglass focus, as do all my other backs. My Makiflex Standard is now packed into a Domke F2 Bag, along with two lenses, two Plaubel Makina 6x9cm 120 backs(one loaded with B&W, one color neg) and 6x9 sheet film septums loaded with B&W. So I will start seriously shooting with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are just having way tooooooo much fun!
    Enjoy the camera and post some results.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format

Makiflex Automatic w/240 Tele-Arton and Graphic 2x3 Holder.

2.25"x3.25" Graphic Filmholders do fit just fine in my new Makiflex Back.
    Now I need a few more and some 2x3 cutfilm from Freestyle.
    I do have an old Nikor Developing Tank that takes 2x3 sheets.
    So I am just about set.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've just discovered the Makiflex while looking for a better option for my 150mm Xenotar f/2.8. Interesting camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nonuniform View Post
    I've just discovered the Makiflex while looking for a better option for my 150mm Xenotar f/2.8. Interesting camera!
    I have a Schneider 150mm F2.8 Xenotar, which -was- one of the original lenses offered by Plaubel for the Makiflexes. Mine came from that Guy with the Ballistics Company that was selling stuff on Ebay for months on end. Plaubel offered it in a spring-loaded auto-iris version to fit the "Makiflex Automatic". This was the model with the auto-aperture controls, like an Auto Graflex.

Mine is the straight version, I mounted it in a "Plaubel Peco Junior" recessed lensboard, which will fit my Makiflex Standard (no iris control) but -not- my Makiflex Auto's. It will focus to infinity with the recessed board, but the camera will not fire, the rear cell of the Xenotar keeps the mirror from flipping up. But it is GREAT for medium length to close-up use. Sure is easy to focus at F2.8. Lens speed was a requirement of the Makiflex designers, I'm certain. I may remount this lens in the future, into a different board (maybe just -slightly- recessed). I will have to do some more thinking about that

Igor (from Igor's Cameras) up in Cleveland had a Makiflex Automatic, but I think he sold all his Makiflex stuff. He told me he had a copy of the 150mm F2.8 Xenotar in Auto-Iris Mount, but the cells were badly scratched, and not usuable. He was looking for Xenotar cells at the time, to swap out

These -are- interesting- cameras. I'm enjoying my three cameras. The 2x3 Graphmatic does not fit my new 2x3 Makiflex back, the Graphmatic is too thick to fit in the back.

The strap on this camera body is homemade, using Nylon Webbing, and some Black Velvet sewn-in, for comfort. I need to make straps for my two other Makiflex bodies, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I also had a friend drill-and-tap some metric machine bolts, which fit the cable release sockets on these cameras. I can then screw-in Sinar Norma Cable Releases, and it works very well for tipping the cameras. I cut the machine bolt length to fit the camera's socket, using a hack saw.

I have hiked for miles with this camera, looking for landscapes, and not too surprisingly, it is very portable and easy to use handheld. It is bulky but not excessively heavy, in my experience. Not too bad with a wide strap for carrying.
    Last edited by Nokton48; 12-01-2012 at 10:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin