Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,549   Online: 884

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Makiflex Automatic with two Automatic lenses.

Took this to the holiday meeting of the Ohio Camera Collecting Society. Everybody agrees it is cool

The Makiflex Automatic (because it has an auto-iris mechanism in the lens).

I have the Plaubel 180mm Auto Schneider Xenar, and the Plaubel 240mm Auto Xenar. Other lenses that were notable, and available in Auto, were the 150mm F2.8 Xenotar, the 360mm Schneider Tele-Xenar, and the Schneider 240mm Tele-Arton.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format

Makiflex Update.

I now have received thirteen Lisco, Fidelity, Graphic, and Fotac 2.25"x3.25" Film Holders, to go with my new Plaubel Makiflex 2.25"x3.25" Film Back. Enough to do twenty-six shots without stopping. And also, I just received 100 sheets of 2.25"x3.25" Aristo.Edu 400 Ei film, from Freestyle Photo.

This has taken awhile to get together, but now I am ready for Spring shooting, with all this new stuff. I can process twelve sheets at a time, in a Honeywell Nikor 2.25"x3.25" film rack, which neatly fits into a two-reel Honeywell Nikor film tank.

Shooter
    Multi Format

A trio of Plaubel Makiflexes.

The final Swan Song of the Plaubel Camera Company, (in the early 1960's) was the reflex-SLR version Plaubel Makiflex. Here is my collection of Makiflexes, the two on the left, are the Automatic "Makiflex". Very similar to a European Auto Graflex, with automatic diaphragm mechanism. You cock the lens, and it stops down the lens right before exposure (hence "Automatic"). The Plaubel original lenses are the 180mm Schneider Xenar, and the 210mm F4.5 Schneider Xenar. On the right, is the "Makiflex Standard" with 150mm F2.8 Schneider Xenotar. This model has a more restricted range of shutter speeds, and no auto-iris provision.

These cameras are from what I call "The Golden Age of Photography".

Shooter
    Multi Format

My Collection of Makiflex Lenses.

From the upper left:

120mm H5.8 Rodenstock Imagon (mounted on a Durst Enlarger recessed lencone on a flat Plaubel lensboard). I also have the 150mm Imagon cell set which interchanges on this lensboard. 270mm F5.5 Schneider Tele-Xenar in regular barrel, 360mm F5.5 Tele-Xenar in regular barrel (Sinar Norma extension cone bolted to a Peco Jr flat lensboard), 150mm f4.5 Schneider Xenar in barrel, and Schneider 240mm f5.5 Tele-Arton (Durst Enlarger recessed lenscone mounted on a flat lensboard).

A hoot to work with and use.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Those are gorgeous cameras--it looks like you've built up quite the system.

Shooter
    Multi Format

New Makiflex Lens.

The barrel-mounted 135mm f4.5 Schneider Xenar. Mounted into a Durst IXTUB recessed enlarger board, and then mounted to a restored Plaubel Peco Junior slightly-recessed lensboard. Just finished putting this together last weekend.

Focuses on my Makiflex Automatics from infinity to several inches, and does not block the mirror when the shutter fires (Yay!). And I can just reach my fingers inside the IXTUB to change the f/stops.

Very useful addition to my Makiflex collection.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank You. It's a lot of fun, actually

Shooter
    Multi Format

New Makiflex Lens. Schneider 240mm F5.5 Tele-Arton

New Makiflex Lens arrived this week. A barrel-mounted Schneider 240mm F5.5 Tele-Arton (one of the original Makiflex lenses). Mounted onto a slighty-recessed Peco Jr board, now ready to use!

Covers 4x5, unlike my smaller 240mm f5.5 Tele-Arton, which would barely cover 6x6cm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002.JPG  

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very informative report so far!

Now I'm curious when you show us your metering penta-prism... Well, with that size a penta-mirror will do also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Very informative report so far!

Now I'm curious when you show us your metering penta-prism... Well, with that size a penta-mirror will do also.

Well, I haven't found the original one (so far!) A 45 degree finder I would like to have.

Plaubel did not make a Metering Prism for the Makiflexes, but they did make a "Porrofinder" of sorts with first-surface mirrors inside the prism box.

Igor in Cleveland had one for sale (years ago, long gone!). It has SS#'s scratched across the front of it. Should have been quicker, it's the only time I have seen one for sale by itself. I have seen the Plaubel Makiflex 45 degree finders offered with Makiflex camera outfits on German Ebay.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin