Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,619   Online: 690

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This was intended as a joke. Now I'm surprised that Plaubel indeed made such device...

I guess we shall learn about your further Makiflex endeavours. Enjoy it!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Plaubel MX 1/551

Here's an old picture of the item. Funky looking, isn't it? Catalog MX 1/551. I'm sure it would scratch my eyeglasses. Not listed in my US catalog.

Thanks for your kind words I was out testing my new Tele Arton this morning. It is surprising how comfortable the Makiflex is to shoot with. I really like using it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG  
    Last edited by Nokton48; 10-28-2013 at 01:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seemingly I'm quite ignorant on that camera: does the mirror return automatically?
    (When I came across that camera once I should have played a bit with it. Or better bought immediately...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, unfortunately no instant return mirror, but no doubt that would complicate the mechanism quite a bit. You raise the mirror when you depress the shutter lever (or you can drop it back down if you let up on it), then the focal plane fires when you go all the way to the lever's end travel.....

Quite dependable. One of my bodies has been fired 37,674 times (it has a counter) and still works perfectly. That one was portrait camera used for many many years on the streets of Stuttgart. The owner would take your photo then return with the print.

Shooter
    Multi Format

More Aquisitions For My Plaubel Makiflexes.

I recieved in the mail (from the UK) a European (1964 vintage) catalog from the Plaubel Camera Company, designating the items available for the Makiflex cameras of the time. For many years I have had a USA catalog, which lists different items and catalog numbers, from what was available in Europe at the time.

From that info, I have confirmed that additional original lenses for the Makiflex included: The 150mm f5.6 Schneider Symmar, the 180mm f5.6 Schneider Symmar, and the 210mm f5.6 Schneider Symmar.

Last year I picked up a Sinar Norma 180mm f5.6 Symmar at a great price. I already had one with spring-loaded aperture and Compur shutter, so I wondered what I would do with this. So yesterday I removed the lens from the Norma board, and remounted it onto a Plaubel Peco Jr. flat board. It works great, and focuses from about three feet to infinity without problems.

Also in the new catalog is the Linhof 56x72mm Cine Rollex Film Holder, which takes 70mm Type II Perfed film. I have one of those as well, so I attached it to a Plaubel Makiflex Adapter Back, so now I can shoot 70mm long roll film in my Plaubel Makiflexes.

Shown below is my new 180mm f5.6 Schneider Symmar, and the Linhof Cine Rollex 56x72, mounted on my Makiflex Standard Body. The Cine Rollex is presently loaded with some Plus-X 70mm film (expired 1981) that I am about to test develop (24 exposure roll loaded).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG   002.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format

Schneider 360mm F5.5 Tele-Arton in barrel on Makiflex Automatic.

Here is yet another Makiflex lens for my collection. This one is the Schneider 360mm F5.5 Tele-Arton in barrel mount.
    Lucky for me, it interchanges onto a lensboard I made for my 360mm F5.5 Schneider Tele-Xenar.
    This lens is not that heavy, but it is humungeous! I have a 95mm UV filter and rubber lenshade that will fit it

Casts an amazing image onto the 9x9cm Makiflex groundglass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG  

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is likely a never ending story. I like it.

("humungeous", had to look it up: "Used to describe the body parts of self and or others.
    !!!Caution; use with discretion!!!")

Shooter
    Multi Format

The Collection Continues to Grow.....

Two more lenses arrive for my three Makiflexes.

First, the 210mm F5.6 Schneider Barrel-mount Symmar. For some reason the front of the lens was painted with grey enamel. I think I can remove it. Focuses from infinity to about ten feet on a flat Peco Jr. lensboard. I may move it to a board with a small lens cone. That I would have to build.

Second, the Schneider 240mm F5.5 barrel-mount Tele-Xenar. The little brother of the 270mm F5.5 I already have. This lens focuses precisely at infinity with the bellows fully retracted, on a flat Peco Jr. board, and covers 6x9cm according to my old literature. And focuses to several feet at close-up minimum. The Makiflex has a pretty long bellows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002.JPG   001.JPG  
    Last edited by Nokton48; 01-18-2014 at 10:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format

9x12cm Film to Shoot 9x9cm Images on Makiflexes.

9x12cm Film to shoot 9x9cm images on my Makiflexes.
    On the left, 100 sheets of 9x12cm Efke PL100, and some 9x12cm Svema film from the Ukraine. The owner claims it works OK at an ASA of about 6.

On the right, 200 sheets of 9x12 FOMA 100 sheet film. Enough to do some serious work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG   001.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I understand why the back of the Makiflex body has to be 9x9, whatever 9 means, also why back of the Mamiya RB/RZ also has to be 9x9 or so, whatever 9 means.

What I don't understand is why lenses made for the Makiflex or RB/RZ have to cover 9x9, whatever 9 means. This because the Makiflex gate is 6x9, whatever 6x9 means, and the RB/RZ gate is 56 x 68.4 mm. Surely lenses for these cameras can be counted on to cover the camera's (or is it roll holders'?) gates, but I don't see why one can count on greater coverage. The claim that RB/RZ lenses in fact cover 9x9, whatever 9 means, was recently made in a for sale listing on this site (or was it on the LF forum?).

Will wiser more experienced folks please clear this up for me?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin