Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,142   Online: 1026

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    I understand why the back of the Makiflex body has to be 9x9, whatever 9 means, also why back of the Mamiya RB/RZ also has to be 9x9 or so, whatever 9 means.

What I don't understand is why lenses made for the Makiflex or RB/RZ have to cover 9x9, whatever 9 means. This because the Makiflex gate is 6x9, whatever 6x9 means, and the RB/RZ gate is 56 x 68.4 mm. Surely lenses for these cameras can be counted on to cover the camera's (or is it roll holders'?) gates, but I don't see why one can count on greater coverage. The claim that RB/RZ lenses in fact cover 9x9, whatever 9 means, was recently made in a for sale listing on this site (or was it on the LF forum?).

Will wiser more experienced folks please clear this up for me?
    Nevermind, thought I had an answer...

Shooter
    Multi Format

250mm Rodenstock Imagon on Plaubel Makiflex Automatic.

Rodenstock 250mm H5.8 Imagon on Plaubel Makiflex Automatic.

I bought this unusual Plaubel Peco Profia Extension Lensboard (Tubus) from Ebay Germany. I have never seen one before; It was made specifically for the the 250mm Rodenstock Imagon on the Plaubel Peco Jr. View Camera.

Yesterday I removed my 250mm Imagon in compound shutter from it's Sinar Norma lensboard, found an extra mounting flange the correct size in my studio, fired up my miniature drill press, and put this together.

Here it is focused at infinity. Love it. Now I have 120mm, 150mm, and 250mm Imagons for my three Makiflexes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    I don't see why one can count on greater coverage.
    Although the Makiflex takes 6x6cm and 6x9cm Plaubel Makina Roll Film Backs, and Plaubel Makina 6x9cm Sheet Film single-sheet Plate Holders, it also had available two larger sheet film backs (I have both). The first will expose a 9x9cm image (full Makiflex gate) onto a sheet of 9x12cm Sheet Film. Alternatively I can expose a 9x9cm image using Graflex/Graphic 4x5" Film Holders in the other back. The Makiflex gate image is kind of cool, because it has rounded corners.

I need lenses that can cover sharply, the entire 9x9cm Makiflex gate, to take advantage of the 9x9cm images that result. 9x9cm is a treat, significantly more real estate than my 6x6cm Hasselblads.

Shooter
    Multi Format

6x6cm and 6x9cm Plaubel Makina Roll Film Backs.

One can never have too many 120 rollfilm backs. The Makiflexes take Plaubel Makina 120 6x6cm and 6x9cm Rollfilm Backs. This is also interchangeable with the 6x9cm Makina Groundglass Attachment, which allows direct (through the camera) viewing onto the rear groundglass.

These four just arrived from Germany. One 6x6cm, and three 6x9cm.

So now, I have six 6x9cm Makina Rollfilm Backs, and two 6x6cm Makina Rollfim Backs. The 6x6cm ones are harder to find, and tend to be more expensive, for some reason. These are all in good condition, just need some cleaning, and maybe new light-trapping material on the inside. But then, these will be good to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002.JPG   001.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Durst Enlarging Cone fits Makiflex 210mm Symmar Lens
    I just received this Durst Enlarging Cone. My plan is to attach it to a Plaubel Peco Jr flat black lensboard. This will be a fun metalworking project when it warms up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Things are finally starting to warm up around here.

The 210mm chrome barrel-mounted Schneider Symmar (on the left) is completely done and ready to use.

The 180mm chrome barrel-mounted Schneider Symmar (on the right) is in final assembly and using a Durst IXTUB enlarging cone, which extends this lens through it's full useful focus range on the Makiflex. Should finish the metalcutting on this one tommorrow if everything goes right. Looking around for a suitably long cone.

Waiting in the wings are a chrome barrel-mounted 135mm Schneider Symmar, which I am mounting into a custom-made recessed board using another IXTUB, and the 240mm chrome barrel-mounted Symmar, which is going to need a pretty long extension cone. Not sure about what to use for that one, yet.

The only hole in the system is a chrome barrel-mounted 150mm Schneider Symmar. I think then I will be done buying lenses for a while.
    Last edited by Nokton48; 03-15-2014 at 02:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I enjoy designing and fabricating lens setups for my three Plaubel Makiflexes, that would be correct to use on the cameras. Here is one that arrived today from the UK; the Schneider chrome 135mm F5.6 Symmar in barrel-mount. I cut out a Plaubel Peco Jr lensboard, with an appropriate sized hole, to fit a Durst IXOTUB recessed lensboard. I then cut out the center of the IXOTUB, to accomodate the 135mm Symmar lens.

It works well, lenses shorter than 150m were generally thought of as being too short to use on the Makiflexes. I can just barely get my fingers inside the IXOTUB, to change the f/stops.

Just got back from Columbus Camera Group. Eric Mehl helped me find a 40.5mm UV and rubber lenshood for this little Bad Boy, so now it's completely done and ready to use. Will be a nice compliment to my 135mm Schneider Xenar, which I have set up identically.

Shooter
    Multi Format

210 f6.6 Kern Arau Apo-Repro lens on Makiflex Standard.

Here's an interesting one. Years ago I bought this Kern-Arau 210mm f6.6 Apo-Repro lens, and mounted it to a Sinar Norma board, as it was a lens originally offered in the Norma catalog. Now, I have decided to re-mount it to a Plaubel Peco Jr board, as I think it will get more use on my Makiflexes. Quite a bit of metal cutting was required to build this unit. The 210mm f6.6 Kern-Arau is quite rare, and I'm really glad that I have it. Here it is, with the Makiflex focused at infinity.

Shooter
    Multi Format

120mm F6.8 Schneider Barrel Mount Angulon.

As wide as you can go, with the SLR Makiflex, due to the mirror striking the rear cell of the lens. Another new lens arrived from Germany. The 120mm f6.8 Schneider Angulon (in barrel mount) and it's now mounted on another IXOTUB recessed Durst enlarger board, and quite usuable on my Makiflex. This lens will be great for 6x9cm or 9x12cm/4x5" photography.
    According to the original Plaubel literature, this camera will work with lenses as wide as 125mm. This is pushing it.

A great Dagor-formula lens, I also have one in Compur shutter, that I use on my Sinar Normas.

Glad I have both of these. They perform different uses.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Makiflex Standard 150mm Lens Shoot-Out.

Early Sunny Sunday Morning, out testing the Makiflex Standard, with three 150mm lenses (Xenar, Apo-Ronar, and Imagon). Shot two rolls of 120 Efke 100, and two rolls of Agfa APX100. Hope to process the film this weekend, if I have time. My friend tagged along with me, and took these digital shots, of me working with the Makiflex. It was a fun time and looking forward to seeing the results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D300_06876_1280Px.jpg   D300_06867_1280Px.jpg  

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin