Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,195   Online: 747

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

The Plaubel Makina "Miniature Film Back".

For my three Plaubel makiflexes. One body has the groundglass already marked for the 35mm format. So I can shoot Eastman Double-X film in them.

The Plaubel Makina "Miniature Film Back". 24x36mm. Interestingly, this one is marked "Made in Switzerland".

Quite clever engineering and mechanism. Built with typical Plaubel precision.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG   002.JPG  
    Last edited by Nokton48; 07-04-2014 at 11:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    This thread is fun -- it started four years ago, and every once in a while another post is added as the OP finds another piece of the puzzle. Every time I see the thread pop up, I say to myself, "I wonder what's new in the world of Makiflex?" Keep it up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    This thread is fun --Keep it up!
    Thanks Trask!

Things show up periodically. Newest arrivals; 250mm H5.8 Rodenstock Imagon in Barrel Mount. Mounted onto a Plaubel Peco Jr. Tubus.
    The barrel-mount Imagons do not show up often. I use the shuttered-versions on my Sinar Normas. Shown with extra Imagon "soft focus" Disc; I have plenty of these in my collection. I just won a 200mm H5.8 Imagon in barrel-mount, but I don't have it yet.

Also, an original Plaubel 6x9cm Pack Film Back in perfect condition. So beautifully made, I could not pass it up. 6x9cm Pack film in good condition is hard to find.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    you guys are having way to much fun!!!!

bring in the antacids!

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format

200mm H5.8 Rodenstock Imagon (in barrel-mount) on a Modern Peco Jr Board.

My new 200mm H5.8 Rodenstock Imagon (in barrel mount) is here. It came mounted on a Zorkendorfer Adapter to go onto a 180mm Mamiya RB-67 lens. I unscrewed the expensive adapter, and the lens is like new. Went back into the basement of Midwest Photo Exchange, and found an old lens flange that fits it. Turns out, it is the same flange that fits the Copal and Compur #3, which is good to know.

I wasted no time, and cut out a modern (black) Plaubel Peco Jr lensboard, to fit the flange from Midwest. A quick trip to the local Lowes Hardware, and I had a set of five brass mounting screws. I think it looks close to original from the Plaubel factory. Here is one, that I think, is original, from the Plaubel factory. Can anybody here tell me if the lens in this link is original Plaubel, I would like to know?? The barrel-mounted 200mm Imagon is in the Plaubel Makiflex original literature, I can confirm that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rodenstock-2...item416ab25895

Anyway, eventually, I may re-mount this lens onto an extension tube-type board, so it will focus a bit closer. Right now, fifteen feet is about it for close-focus, on a flat board, which is rather limiting. Maybe, at the factory, it was moonted on an extension board??

Below is the lens ready-to-go, shown with the original Imagon Grey Neutral-Density Filter, and Imagon Lenshood. It looks kinda cool in black.
    Last edited by Nokton48; 07-12-2014 at 04:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fuji FA-145 Instant Film Back on Plaubel Makiflex.

Just arrived today, a package from Japan. Inside was a Fuji FA-145 Instant Back, which I have adapted to fit my three Plaubel Makiflex bodies (see my avatar or Flikr).

It works! 3000 EI Instant Fuji film in the Makiflexes is cool and FUN!

About time I got one of these.
    Last edited by Nokton48; 08-01-2014 at 06:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Found a couple more 6x9 Plaubel Backs for a good price.

These are black ones, one even has a Plaubel Badge on it.

I have a question, that might be answered by a Plaubel Makina collector.
    Does anybody know the approximate vintage of these black film backs?
    I think they are late vintage Interesting that they were offered in black (I have eight chrome ones in 6x9cm and 6x6cm).
    One can never have too many.

The wind knob looks more modern, like it was redesigned. Does anybody Know?
    Last edited by Nokton48; 08-08-2014 at 09:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokton48 View Post
    Plaubel went under in 1964 I believe.
    Plaubel is still in existance. They even still offer a view camera.

The only change was that the enterprise no longer was family-owned though without change of director.

I got no idea where you got that date.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This "tube system" arrived today, from China. I wasted no time in attaching it to a Plaubel Peco Jr flat lens board. Originally designed for Linhof/Wista cameras, it was pretty easy to adapt. The beauty of it, is that the tubes and front plates are interchangable. So I can add lens extension, or try different lenses easily. More tubes and flat boards for this system are on their way.

Here it is, with the 200mm Imagon, focused at infinity. Almost a perfect tube length for this lens. I am quite pleased.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The rest of the "tube system" arrived today. I ordered two extra 20mm tubes, and two extra 30mm tubes.
    I also ordered four extra "flat plates", which screw into the from of the tubes. I ordered two with #2 hole, and two with #0 hole.

The first shipment consisted of the mounting plate, a 50mm tube, and a flat plate with #3 hole (which fit my 200mm Imagon).

On the left, are the parts that just arrived. On the right, I put together a 20mm tube, #2 flat plate, and it is perfect for my 240mm
    Tele-Arton. That lens has a rear cell that protrudes deeply into the camera body (when mounted on a flat board) so I think this combo is about
    as good as it will get with this lens. I tend to use it for close-up shooting, since it won't work for distant shots with the Makiflex.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin