Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,060   Online: 1124

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's a lens that I have had for a while, and now, I am finally able to utilize it, thanks to the new "Tube System".
    It is a Schneider 240mm F5.6 Symmar in barrel mount. By combining one 30mm, and two 20mm tubes, I get a
    package that focuses from infinity to super close-up. Shown is one of my Makiflex Automatics with the
    6x9cm back and groundglass.

I really like this new "Tube System", in fact I have ordered alot of extra parts for my uses in the future.
    Waiting for all of it to arrive. One lens I would like to "put together" is the Schneider 240mm Xenar in
    barrel mount.

Also I have a 300mm Rodenstock Imagon in barrel mount coming from Germany.
    Should be here any day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 003.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is another Makiflex lens I just completed. After many, many hours of metal cutting, and hand filing, here is my 240mm F4.5 Schneider Xenar, in barrel mount. Had to cut and file a very heavy brass flange, essentially turning it into a retaining ring. This -just- fit into a (completely cut-out) circular flat plate from China. Combining three of the 30mm "tubes" results in infinity focus, to extreme close-up, on the Makiflexes.

Really alot of work, but worth it, in my opinion. The 240mm Xenar is a rather big, heavy lens, but works well on the Makiflex, and the groundglass image looks great, even wide-open. Looking forward to shooting with this setup.

Also shown in the photo is a short Cable Release, which screws into my Makiflexes. This also came from China. It also fits my Sinar Norma Mechanical Shutters. How many brand new items can you buy for these really old things?

Next project will be a 300mm Rodenstock Imagon in barrel. Takes the same flange as the 240mm Xenar, so it will just fit inside the "tube system".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is my new 300mm Rodenstock Imagon in barrel, and some of the new "tube system" parts.
    So this is a work in progress.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is my 300mm Rodenstock Imagon (barrel-mount) setup and ready-to-use.
    Three of the 50mm tubes plus a 30mm allows for perfect infinity focus with this
    very long Imagon.

Shown focused at infinity. Can't wait to get out and use this lens.
    Sure it's big, but it's relatively lightweight and well-balanced on the Makiflex.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can the standard hold such set-up?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think it will be fine.

The tubes are very light in weight and the 300mm Imagon is not a heavy lens. Only two elements.

I do have a several heavy large square Manfrotto tripod plates that I use with the Makiflexes on a tripod.

Which is how I will use this lens for the most part.
    Last edited by Nokton48; 09-14-2014 at 11:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Schneider 150 f5.6 Symmar-S on Makiflex Automatic.

For a good long while, I have been looking for a chrome 150mm F5.6 Schneider convertible Symmar, in good condition, in barrel mount. A fine Plasmat type, to complete my Schneider lens set for the Makiflexes. Have not had much luck. Some are overpriced IMO, a lot have the Schneideritis or look really rough, which I would prefer to avoid, if I have a choice. And, there are just not that many out there, at the moment.

Along came this really pretty Schneider 150mm F5.6 MC Symmar-S in barrel mount (at a good price), so I bought it. I debated a while, the idea of putting a more "modern" lens on an older "classic" camera. But I have many lenses which were not originally offered for the Makiflex, so what the heck.

I'm glad I did it! Here it is, on one of the Makiflex Automatics.
    Last edited by Nokton48; 09-28-2014 at 04:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Nokton48, just as much as I like seeing your cameras I'd like to see some pictures taken with your cameras!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is my new Plaubel Makiflex MX1/551 Eyelevel Viewfinder Hood with 45 degree mirror and 2.5X Eyepiece.
    It sold for $61.50 US$ in 1967 and was product #97490.

A quite rare bird and I am absolutely delighted to have acquired it.
    Interesting though this viewfinder inverts the image.
    So everything through the camera is upside-down.
    Good thing I am a view camera user and used to that!

Shown with the 250mm Rodenstock "Soft Focus" lens,
    mounted on the "Tube System" from China. And also
    the Makiflex 9x12cm Plate Back, which will take the
    Russian and German 9x12cm Plate Holders.

It looks like this thing should weigh a ton. But actually
    it is not that heavy, just rather bulky. It is easy to transport
    and use.

Trask:
    I am in the process of putting my digital darkroom back together. I do have more Makiflex images I have made with these cameras, that I want to eventually post here. Working on it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin