Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,516   Posts: 1,543,739   Online: 883

Shooter
    Medium Format

Auction site bargains

Somebody has been smoking a little too much of something, asking for these prices..
    http://bit.ly/a5qjpD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He'll probably find somebody who has smoked even more wacky baccy to buy it
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sure the price is ridiculous, but I've never thought of it as "Art Deco" before! That's got to be worth something, right!?!

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's rated 7/10 cosmetically, that's an extra 600 dollars' worth right there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If that lens "looks clean," I'm a monkey's uncle! I'm gonna list my 'cord right now!
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's funny, I was just thinking the exact same thing. Last night I was looking at Rolleiflexes on ebay and the prices on those have just gone through the roof. Most are going for triple what I paid for the two I have, and there are just as many selling way into the thousands. I knew I should have bought a few more of those a couple years ago because clearly there has been a resurgence in classic cameras......Damn hipsters and your fixed gear bikes, get off my lawn!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They are great cameras. I have two nice examples and they take excellent pictures.

The listed one is actually only worth close to one tenth of that price.
    One recently sold for US$340 and previous ones for approx $100-150. Its a funny market and it kind of depends on who is buying and who is selling at any given time.

The prices for a lot of cameras have been slowly creeping up though, including the FSU rangefinders, for example.
    The production run of Zorki 1s was about 800,000, so they aren't _really_ so rare or valuable (as the typical Eastern European ebayer will have you believe).

Also, I find it difficult to believe when someone lists three of the same camera and tries to tell you they're rare!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here's one I bought recently:
    http://bit.ly/9PsKL6
    (yeah, while I was ON DRUGS!)
    I know they're interesting, collectable, historic, etc but er...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin