Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,095   Online: 1073

Hasselblad 50 Distagon and vignetting

Collective wisdom and experience of the group needed here -

When using my 50mm CF Distagon lens with a filter, I use a Hasselblad bay 60 to screw-mount adapter. I use B&W 67mm filters, and I get noticeable vignetting in the corners of the frame with even one filter. Much worse if I stack a filter and a polarizer.

As I see it, I have two options: Buy the Hasselblad filters, which may not solve the problem if I stack them, or use a larger-diameter filter. I'm not sure a "thin" filter will solve the problem either.

This is not a problem with any of the other lenses, only my 50. I'm not about to abandon the lens for the FLE model, and I'm not sure I wouldn't run into the same problem there anyway.

Solutions, anyone?

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Medium Format
    100 mm square filters in a ProShade 6093/6093T, or 75 mm gel filters in any of the older ProShades.
    The older proshades will not let you combine such filters with a glass filter on the lens. The 6093/6093T will.

Glass filters will vignet when you put more than one on the lens itself.

A bayonet 60 to bayonet 70 filter adapter (as is used on the CFi FLE version) should work too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Had a similar problem with my 50 cm lens,they vignette easy.and it hard to see in the view finder.

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use the Lee filter system myself, and I have never noticed any vignetting from the filters.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Thanks, guys. I'll fiddle with some of the options you suggest.

Peter Gomena

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin