Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,034   Online: 873

At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Three Yashica A shots

Two of these have been in the gallery for a while. Still trying to get the hang of this format, and the camera. Tripod, Acros 100, D76 1:1, Epson4490 scans (a bit of cropping was necessary because of a certain idiot mis-measuring his developer; one edge got 30 seconds less development):

Last edited by paulfish4570; 11-21-2010 at 08:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I found this weekend the A is a WHOLE lot easier to focus and frame if I drape a shirt over my head and the viewfinder. I have another roll of Acros 100 drying right that had been sitting since July. I put off developing several rolls of 35mm and the one roll of 120 until I could get a new scanner. That happened recently, and the 35 got processed and scanned first. The 120 had its turn tonight. Will scan in the morning.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A baseball cap or a hat can also make it easier to focus and frame. When you're draping a t-shirt over your head and the viewfinder, I suppose you know are getting close to the big scary stuff - the Large Format monster. Beware, it can suck you in, in no time!
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Aieeeeeeee! Thanks for the warning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beautifully done! I have a Yashica D myself. TLRs can be addictive.
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice work! The "A" is a great little camera. Very underrated.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was printing last night n found some Yashica negs I had,'t done yet; they are beautiful. What a great camera it is. I have a collection of em, almost all series n types of lenses. I fnd every lens has been as sharp as the next, no exceptions.

A real fun camera to work with.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the encouragement, guys ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin