Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,634   Online: 937

Shooter
    Medium Format

remote trigger for rz

looking to set up a remote flash trigger with a mamiya rz pro and a vivitar 285hv.something in the price range of the NongNuo RF602,need a list of what is required hotshoes etc,?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does the RZ have a real hotshoe? I'm buying some cheap triggers for my RB and I'm going to have to use a PC cable to fire the trigger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I ordered a yongnuo kit recently but haven't gotten the part yet. From my research I can tell that the RZ67 has both a regular hot shoe and an x sync output, so the transmitter will most likely work for you. Likewise the 285hv should work fine, as it can be triggered through its center pin on its hot shoe and has a low trigger voltage.

So I'd say yes it will work fine, but that's solely based on theory, I'm still waiting for the parcel to arrive.

One more thing: the yongnuos boast a min sync time of 1/250, but this will only hold if you use it together with a system camera (Canon, Nikon). If you use it with your RZ67, the sync time will be slower, I've read numbers about 1/160 or so. Only the system cameras send a "something is about to happen" signal through their hot shoe which puts the yongnuo into (high current draw) alert mode, in which it fires faster. So sorry, no 1/400

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nielsen View Post
    Does the RZ have a real hotshoe? I'm buying some cheap triggers for my RB and I'm going to have to use a PC cable to fire the trigger
    The RZ does have a hotshoe. I use it with cheap e-bay flash triggers all the time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    got a yongnuo ctr-301p trigger for the 285hv it is firing fine on the test button but will not fire off the camera . however if you connect the flash to the lens with the pc cord it fires.I'm wondering if I got a hot shoe with a pc port,put it on the RZ hotshoe connect the new hotshoe,with the transmitter on board,to the camera lens using a pc cord would this work
    the hotshoe on the camera works as I have fired the flash from it .
    Last edited by eunified61; 12-03-2010 at 07:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin