Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,652   Online: 846

Shooter
    35mm

older Mamiya m645 - 45 degree angle prism?

Recently I've been playing with an older Mamiya m645 I picked up some time ago. Mine predates the 1000s.

It came with a CdS prism (standard angle). Was there ever a 45-degree angle prism like with the Hasselblad or Kiev 88? I see there is a 90-degree adapter for the prisms as well as a differently-metered prism (standard angle) and a WLF.

My searches so far have come up empty, so I suspect the answer is no, but I thought I'd check with more knowledgeable m645 users first.

Thanks!
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've never seen or heard of one - and I've always thought that the 45 degree prisms for Hasselblads were a great idea.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have what Mamiya calls a chimney finder for my 1000s. It's a 90 degree finder. It works OK, but 45 degrees would be more functional.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    35mm
    Hmm, that's a shame. I guess I'll just have to use it more and get used to the ergonomics as it is.

Thanks again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would absolutely love a 45 degree finder for the 645. The 90 is way awkward. As it stands, I use the WLF.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin